INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automactic zone switching depending on the connected audio device?  (Read 735 times)

GaryWW

• World Citizen

I am helping my friend configure his MC18. He routinely moves his HTPC between his home theatre and his home office. In the home theatre, the HTPC is connected to his AVR via the optical cable and in the home office, he plugs speakers into the front audio port. I created a zone for each location and told him to use the appropriate zone. Is this the best solution for his situation? Can the switching of a zone be automated, depending on what audio device is connected?

Thanks.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
Re: Automactic zone switching depending on the connected audio device?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 07:52:15 am »

Anyone?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 08:12:16 am »

I'm doing something similar like your friend with my Laptop. I have three different "locations". One at home connected to an 5.1 Receiver using an external soundcard, one "mobile" location using inbuilt Laptop Speaker and a last one at my ballroom lessons connected to different amps using Line Out/Headphonejack.

I don't think that it is possible to switch automatically using the zone switch feature.

I also was looking for an automatic way to have MC configured properly for each "location". I ended up using some registry hacks. I created a batch file for each location which changes some registry settings for MC in a way so that I can start using it right a way.

To answer your question:
Looks as your friend only has to manage two zones. Perhaps MCC Commands could do the job for you?! You could use "MC18.exe /MCC 10011,0" to activate a specified zone, where the last "0" stands for the selected zone. You'll have to do some try and error to figure out the right number for each zone ("0" should be the "standard" zone). Should be an easy job with two zones ;)

You can use two different links to start the application at home or at work.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:12:03 am »

Thanks, we'll give that a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up