INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: critical error when switch display mode, combine TMT5 in JRiver for 3Diso play  (Read 4223 times)

bebetou

• Recent member

It's a pitty  that MC can't play 3d yet, and I really love the sound and interface of MC, so I tried and found a way:

As MC can import  data files like .exe,  I create .bat files like:

mc18 live://loopback
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" "D:\3d\Abraham\Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.iso"
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10>nul
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" e:

first, MC plays loopback so the sound of TMT5 can go through MC and my ASIO soundcard(ECHO AF12)
then, run VirtualCloneDrive to mount the iso file to virtual  blueray drive E:
then ping, becoz it takes a  few second for VCD mount E:, else TMT5 will appear "No Disk",
And the last, TMT5 plays  E:, and if u stop TMT5 playing, TMT will directly close and go back to MC18 in Theater View. So the whole progress looks like u r still play everything in MC, not change to another player.

I use "bat2exe" convert .bat to .exe files, import them to libariry with file type "data, exe", go to tools-options-theater view, add a new category named "3D movies" and set  the rules of files display to "file  type=exe".
When I start Theater View, go to 3D  Movies, I'll see the list of .exe which I imported. Then just choose one and play, it starts loopback and 10 seconds later TMT5 starts playing the ISO. And  when I stop TMT5 playing, it will directly close and go back to MC18 in Theater View. So the whole progress looks like u r still play everything in MC, not change to another player.

Well the problem is: sometimes, like 2 or 3times in 10, when I'm trying to start the .exe in MC or close TMT5, IE pops up and said "Critical error, MC just corrupted..." something like that. Why and what should I do? Maybe becoz I run "MC18 live://loopback" the same time MC is already running? Is  that possible MC changes to loopback playing automaticly with some file rules?

bebetou

• Recent member

I just tried something and focus the problem  a bit:

When MC is running, open cmd, run MC18  in any command line, like MC18 live://loopback, or MC18 /command stop, normally 5-8 times, Critical error will come. So I guess the problem is that I can't use MC18 command when it's running?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

I can't address the loopback command argument, but it is fine to invoke the mc18.exe launcher while MC is running.  That's its purpose.

FYI: I just ran 100 in a row - no troubles.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try reinstalling your license.

bebetou

• Recent member

yes!i upgraded to 100 and now its perfect. thanks!

altahomwtheatre

• Recent member

Thanks very much for the tip on starting TMT5 from MC18.  Although not near as smooth as using XBMC, it will allow me to start 3DBD directly from Theater View. 

I had not thought of running a separate .EXE to load TMT5.
I hope the developers can make this easier at some point in time even if it means running an external program.  It would be very nice to be able to call a single Batch file and pass in filename as argument.  Likely very easy to implement as well.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen

@bebetou
Interesting to use the loopback feature for TMT. The bat/exe is maybe complicated for beginners to do it. I have integrated TMT5 in another way which also gives perfect results (NB: some tweaking required if TMT -the uMCEplayer- is used with active refresh rate switching).
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75817.msg513932#msg513932

altahomwtheatre

• Recent member

eddyshere,

I did see you that post first and it does also work well. 

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that your approach is all or none.  While the .EXE approach lets me pick and choose which files will be loaded with TMT5.

That is the reason I liked the .EXE approach better for my setup.  I have numerous .ISO and BDMV files that I do not want to play through TMT5.  The .EXE approach is much more manual as you have to create a new file for every video you want to load with TMT5.  This is not an issue for me as I only have about 10 3DBD movies.  If you have many movies, your example is much easier to implement.  I was initially going to use your method and convert all regular BD to BDMV and leave only the 3DBD as .ISO. 

I do not understand the "loopback" feature that was used by bebetou.  I assumed it was something for the ASIO soundcard.  I did not use it in my .EXE file.  I will post the contents of my batch file a little later in case it might help someone else or someone might enlighten me on a better approach.

Thanks for the tip on "active refresh rate", I will check to see what its set to in TMT5.  I think it must be off as 3D video is working.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen

(...)
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that your approach is all or none.  While the .EXE approach lets me pick and choose which files will be loaded with TMT5.
(...)

Sorry...I was unclear and edited my post. I was talking about the exe/bat bebetou discussed in his first post. The loopback is interesting for me as I use TMT5 for BD playback and my htpc uses an asio-only DAC. As TMT doesn't use Asio the loopback function comes-in handy but it's nor workng perfectly well for me.

Z0001

Hi

This looks really interesting.

can you please explain what text I need after the VCD mounting? Here you have referenced a specific file in your collection. Obviously I want this bat to work on all my iso files, so what do I include instead of " D:\3d\Abraham...\... .iso" (I am guessing this is also drive E you refer to in your instructions"

Many many thanks!
Zeno

Z0001

Thinking more on this. So am I to create one of these bat files for each of my iso files I want to ply through TMT5?

I would want them to visually appear in theatre view as if just another, say, mkv, with all the metadata, cover art etc. presumably once I have imported a bat I can tag it as media type video, media sub type movie no then use MC to grab the online metadata and art.

I have a lot of iso files, is there a quick, automated way you have found to create each of the individual at files?

Presumably I could leave out the loopback command on the first line of the bat and just use TMT5 audio if I was concerned about lip sync?

Cheers

altahomwtheatre

• Recent member

Z0001
I am not an expert, only playing with the trial version for three days now.  As far as I can tell MC18 does not have a great solution for using external player for "some" .iso files.  If you want to play all .iso files through TMT5 then use solution proposed by eddyshere, it works well for all .iso files.

I only want to play a few .iso files (3dBD) with TMT5.  The majority I want to use MC18.  For the 3DBD files I have to create an individual .exe for each file.  It is a bit of a pain but I only have a few of them.

Unfortunately I am at a PC that I do not have access to the batch file I made.  I will post a copy later tonight.  The batch file was easy, the key was bebetou explaining that you could run a .exe (converted from .bat) that would load TMT5.  It was also critical to know about the MC18 command line arguments.

The .exe files will appear in Theatre View as long as you set Media and Media Sub Type correctly.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

Why not just change the .iso file type to, say, .is3 and configure MC to handle this new file type.  Virtual Clone Drive doesn't care about the suffix.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Z0001

It's a pitty  that MC can't play 3d yet, and I really love the sound and interface of MC, so I tried and found a way:

As MC can import  data files like .exe,  I create .bat files like:

mc18 live://loopback
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" "D:\3d\Abraham\Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.iso"
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10>nul
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" e:

first, MC plays loopback so the sound of TMT5 can go through MC and my ASIO soundcard(ECHO AF12)
then, run VirtualCloneDrive to mount the iso file to virtual  blueray drive E:
then ping, becoz it takes a  few second for VCD mount E:, else TMT5 will appear "No Disk",
And the last, TMT5 plays  E:, and if u stop TMT5 playing, TMT will directly close and go back to MC18 in Theater View. So the whole progress looks like u r still play everything in MC, not change to another player.

I use "bat2exe" convert .bat to .exe files, import them to libariry with file type "data, exe", go to tools-options-theater view, add a new category named "3D movies" and set  the rules of files display to "file  type=exe".
When I start Theater View, go to 3D  Movies, I'll see the list of .exe which I imported. Then just choose one and play, it starts loopback and 10 seconds later TMT5 starts playing the ISO. And  when I stop TMT5 playing, it will directly close and go back to MC18 in Theater View. So the whole progress looks like u r still play everything in MC, not change to another player.

Well the problem is: sometimes, like 2 or 3times in 10, when I'm trying to start the .exe in MC or close TMT5, IE pops up and said "Critical error, MC just corrupted..." something like that. Why and what should I do? Maybe becoz I run "MC18 live://loopback" the same time MC is already running? Is  that possible MC changes to loopback playing automaticly with some file rules?

I am going to do this for a few hundred iso files... if i can find an automated way to enter the iso file location in each separate bat file and effectively create several hundred bat files.  Anyone know of one?

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen

I had to abandon the .iso format. The solution with iso proved to be difficult for a number of reasons.
First when you use a server client setup with MC invoking iso's from the server lbrary was proving problematic. Secondly with the mounting software in the middle I sometimes also ran into focus issues as the facto when opening the iso it is passed on the mounter and then the windows auto-handler invokes TMT. This was not good as on closure of TMT I often lost focus. In doing it with BDMV, MC launches TMT and closing TMT returns to MC so no focus lost.
That's why I had to convert approx 12TB of iso's into Video_ts for DVD and BDMV for Bluray. The good thing is that ripping an iso is (if your PC is up to the speed) very very fast (over 10X as fast as ripping the physical BD).
I still have all the BD physically stored in the cellar so should I need an iso at one time I can re-rip

@jong : I noticed that MC freezes whenever TMT closed from another refresh rate than MC uses per default (desktop refresh rate). I circumvented this by putting the desktop to 24 - having auto refresh rate in MC set for all DVD's - and thus for TMT we are back to the 24 refresh rate. So when closing TMT it returns to a 24 desktop (MC) and no freezes.
Furthermore if I remember correctly you also use soundgraph : i set up some remote buttons to control the soundgraph refresh changer application which also proved to be very efficient.

Pages: [1]   Go Up