INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still need help - "Open drive failed. Parameter is out of range."  (Read 1720 times)

PeterG

I recently bought your Media Jukebox program and it was working great until the other day. I am trying to ripa CD and save it to my hard drive. I have done several CD's already.
   Here are the messages that I get.
"Open drive failed. Parameter is out of range."
"Read track failed. Drive is not opened."
   I would think the second message is a result of the first one. I can not find any parameter to adjust to bring it within range. Maybe I don't understand.

Can you helpme out?

Thanks,
Peter

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:Still need help -
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 08:18:04 am »

Peter - please post the System Info from the Help menu - it will give us the version etc.
Namaste,
John

PeterG

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 06:06:32 pm »

Gatobrit,is this what you need?

Performance Test:
Refresh Time: 1329 ms

Resource Info:
System resource: 57
GDI resource: 80
User resource: 57

CPU Info:
Number of CPUs: 1
Type: Genuine Intel Pentium III
Speed: 451 MHz
MMX Support: YES

Memory Info:
Memory Load: 65%
Total Physical Memory: 261 MB
Free Physical Memory: 91 MB

OS Info:
Type: Microsoft Windows Me

Misc Info:
Internet Explorer 5.50.4134.0100

Thanks for letting me know that I was not giving enough info!

Peter

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2002, 06:40:26 pm »

What version of MJ are you using? I'm guessing 7 (8 reports its version number - 7 doesn't - not sure about anything before that).

Can you play CD's in MJ? How about other programs?

PeterG

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2002, 08:06:14 am »

Doof, I am running version 7.2.280. I can play CD's no problem. It will connect to CDDB and read the CD inserted to copy. Then when I select the copy icon and press the copy button it fails to read and I get both messages as it tries to read each track. I have not tried to Do DVD's or anything else.

Alonso Nefarious

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2002, 09:02:52 am »

PeterG-

You can rip other cd's not this one?  Have you tried to rip one of the ones that worked before again, to insure that ripping works, but this cd won't.

If others will rip, but this one will not it may be a "Multimedia" cd, or have some sort of copy protection.  Look at it in MS Explorer.  Do you see anything besides the audio tracks ie. "Track01.cda" ?

Let us know.

-Nef

PeterG

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2002, 09:14:43 am »

Nef, I tried putting in a CD that I ripped before and the same thing happens. I checked the files and they are all audio files and nothing else is on the disk.

PeterG

Alonso Nefarious

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2002, 11:46:15 am »

Humm.  Ok.  Can you rip with other software?  EAC ( www.exactaudiocopy.de) for instance.

Did you try changing the type to ASPI or IDE or whatever rather than the default of Auto (That fixed it for me, once)

Did you try changing the copy mode?

Have you installed other rip/burn software since you were able to rip?  There have been reported problems with Creative and Real products mucking up the drivers.

Beyond that I'm stumped.

-Nef

PeterG

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2002, 07:34:40 am »

Nef,
I don't have other software to try ripping with. I tried to change the type to something other than Auto be it was not available to change. I tried ripping it unbuffered, digital error correcting, as uncompressed wave, gogo mp3, lame mp3, all with the same error message. I have tried to rip cd's, that I have ripped last week with no problem, but cann't now.

PeterG

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2002, 07:44:09 am »

Hello Peter,

Sorry for all the problems you're experiencing. I'd like to help troubleshoot the problem with you if you have the time. Please email me at johnt@jriver.com and I'll send you a diagnostic tool to try and narrow down where the problem is.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

PeterG

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2002, 07:47:18 am »

Thank you every much John. I will e-mail you now.

PeterG
Pages: [1]   Go Up