INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Messed up the handshake between MC 18 and WD Live TV  (Read 2352 times)

hcshrader

• Recent member
Messed up the handshake between MC 18 and WD Live TV
« on: January 30, 2013, 07:39:39 pm »

When I originally set up MC 18 to work with WD Live a couple of weeks ago, it connected first try (!) and seemed to work. When I first tried to watch a full movie, about every 30 min, the link would break and I would have to reconnect via WD Live.  Not difficult, but it shouldn’t happen.  When I sought to investigate why that would be, I changed some of the Media Network settings.

Now when I seek to play a video, the WD Live finds the library on MC 18 but when asked to play, it tries, but eventually comes back with an error message:  Not able to play this media format. 

I have attempted to reverse my ham handed attempt to fix the 30min disconnect issue, but have not been able to. Short of de-installing and reinstalling MC, can anyone help with what the normal settings would be to allow connection?  I have DNLA selected in 2/3 choices (not renderer).  I have no conversion selected.  Flies to play are .mkv.  I also have Monkey Media as a DNLA devise and it too has my library scanned. I wouldn’t think this would be an issue since it is not in use, though it may be recognized by MC.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Messed up the handshake between MC 18 and WD Live TV
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:06:00 pm »

There is currently an issue with the latest firmware of the WD TV (see other threads).  Have you recently received an update, which version are you on, and do you have the "old" or the "new" WD TV?

hcshrader

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:25:21 pm »

Thanks - i have the updated software from WD and the MC 18.  WD TV is v3 - the latest.  Not sure why WD Live had read the media just fine and now does not.  I believe this was the case before and after the WD software update but after i fooled with settings to try to fix the disconnect that was happening after 30 min.  At this point best to get back to where the media can be read and deal with the disconnect issue later. 

Does any one have any idea what the default settings are from Network and DNLA usage or how to go back to the default settings.  Since the message is about not reading the file type, i am especially focused on the conversion settings. 

Thanks.   

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:36:12 pm »

Just "remove" the "Generic DLNA" profile then re-"Add..." it under Tools --> Options --> Media Network --> Add of confugure DLNA servers
JRiver CEO Elect

csimon

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 03:24:26 am »

What has always worked for me until now is:

DLNA & DLNA Extra checked
Video: No conversion
Audio: L16 - No Header
DLNA Renderer in MC18 unchecked

I can pull but no longer push but this is with a WD TV Live SMP, there is no issue with my WD TV Live.

The current firmware for the WD TVs are:

WD TV Live: 1.06.43
WD TV Live Plus: 1.06.42
WD TV Live Hub: 3.09.18
WD TV Live Streaming: 1.13.18

I take it you have a Hub?

hcshrader

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 04:03:53 am »

I have WD TV Live. 

Many thanks to csimon and jmone.  I will try the recommendations today!

hcshrader

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 07:45:59 pm »

Works!  

Will now review for the 30min break issue. If relevant, will raise in different post.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up