INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0b239 crashing when trying to get album covers  (Read 533 times)

RhinoBanga

MJ 8.0b239 crashing when trying to get album covers
« on: April 08, 2002, 11:58:13 pm »

Hi,

I have been having severe problems getting MJ to get album cover artwork from the internet and saving the results.
I am not saving to the MP3 files ... just storing externally.

I first tried doing my whole collection of 300 albums (around 3000 MP3's) in one go (I am a gluton for punishment) ... that BSOD'd my machine Next Page

I put that down to my machine having a problem so I tried it again ... this time my machine locked up.

So I got the hint that something was not right and I tried doing smaller groups, specifically via artist alphabetically.

Artists A thru B went ok ... next I tried Y thru Z ... that went ok too ... so I tried C and bang ... MJ crashed with:

Application popup: MEDIA JUKEBOX: Media Jukebox.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77f530fd" referenced memory at "0x000804b0". The memory could not be "read".

When I tried D I got the same error ... so I tried breaking it down further via album.

I tried "Deborah Harry - Def, Dumb and Blond" ... this did not qualify any artwork and when I hit save MJ did not crash.

Next I tried "Dido - No Angel" ... this qualified artwork and when I hit save I got an MJ error box saying it failed to update the tag information on tracks 4 thru 12 (which is strange as I am storing the files externally and not saving to the MP3 file) ... clicking OK on the messagebox did not crash MJ.

Next I tried both albums and MJ crashed again.

So it looks like there are some major problems with this section of the code guys.

On another note ... can we have a field in the media library listview that shows if a track has associated cover art.
If not then don't worry about it as I'll just create a plugin that enumerates the albums and shows them.

Rhino.
Pages: [1]   Go Up