INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio: Radio stream from server to Gizmo  (Read 3424 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Audio: Radio stream from server to Gizmo
« on: July 29, 2012, 02:19:34 pm »

Hi

I have a problem with getting my streaming radio channels to play in Gizmo (Android mobile).

I have set up a server with MC with a few radio channels. They work fine when using the computer and also when I use Gizmo on my mobile as a remote control and choose "Play on server".

The problem comes when I want to listen to a radio station on my mobile and choose "Play here". Gizmo just shows "Preparing".

Thanks for any help

Regards
Hans

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio: Radio stream from server to Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 03:32:03 pm »

Hi

I have a problem with getting my streaming radio channels to play in Gizmo (Android mobile).

I have set up a server with MC with a few radio channels. They work fine when using the computer and also when I use Gizmo on my mobile as a remote control and choose "Play on server".

The problem comes when I want to listen to a radio station on my mobile and choose "Play here". Gizmo just shows "Preparing".

Thanks for any help

Regards
Hans
Are you using wifi or the phone data network?
I've got a playlist of radio stations and the mp3 stream I'm playing works nicely over wifi.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 01:33:57 pm »

Hi Bob

Thanks for you help. I'm using WiFi. I tried to make a Smart playlist of my radio channels but I get the same result. I get "Preparing" when I select a radio channel and want to play it on my mobile phone.

My setup for radio channels looks like this:
The radio channels are added under Audio>Connected Media>My connected media.
This is an example of a channel I try to make it work with: http://http-live.sr.se/p3star-mp3-192

I have created a Smart List that shows "Audio" and "Filname (path) contains ://"

Hope you can give me some more advice

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 04:04:37 pm »

Bob, do you think you could explain in what way you have created your radio stations and playlist? I would like to compare if there is some settings I need to change. Like I said playback on server works fine but on my Gizmo device (Android mobile) it won't work. And if it works on your Gizmo device I guess it might be something with my settings.

Cheers
Hans

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 10:41:24 am »

In MC File->Open URL
Put in your url and hit OK (you don't need to check the web media checkbox).
Go to the playing now screen, on the entry for the stream that's now playing,
right-click
Send to->Playlist->Create Playlist
and call the playlist what you want (mine is called radio).
Then you can switch the view to that playlist and tag it with useful info. I usually change the artist to the station name and the album to "live stream".
You can even throw in a coverart picture if you like, I grabbed one of my stations website.

Then in Gizmo, the station will show up in your "radio" entry under "playlists"

For subsequent stations, just add them to your radio playlist instead of creating a new one.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 03:14:54 pm »

Thanks again Bob

I have come to some new conclusion which I thought I might share.

I tried the same thing on my tablet PC (ZTE Light) and then it works without any problem. I have the same version (Android 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.9) on both the tablet PC and on my cell phone (Samsung Galaxy 5). But for some strange reason it will not work on the cell phone.

As it works on the tablet PC I guess its a hardware issue on my cell phone.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 03:36:08 pm »

The variability in the android devices is a problem.

For example: Jim's Galaxy note won't stream video that other devices with exactly the same kernel and OS version will. It's got to be a bug, even perhaps a hardware bug...

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 02:01:09 am »

Ok, then I understand it must be a lot of hassle to get Gizmo to work on diffrent devices. Perhaps if I would root my cell phone I could get it to work. I'm not so familiar rooting but if I have understood things right it's like installing a standard version of Android instead of the "Samsung Android" I got with my phone. But it also seems a bit more advanced than installing a clean version of Windows on my PC :-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 06:49:13 am »

Ok, then I understand it must be a lot of hassle to get Gizmo to work on diffrent devices.

It hasn't been too much trouble, but now we have Flash disappearing from Android and HTML5 coming but not yet here.  There are also a few issues with specific phones, like my Galaxy Note.

mknox999

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 07:05:13 pm »

Hi, I have been having a very similar problem. I have a Samsung Note 2 and I can get Gizmo to work on the local network but cannot get it working on the mobile network. A friend has a Samsung GIII and everything works fine. What am I missing?

Audio will not play back, can see library.

Thanks,

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up