INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 on windows8 not seeing renderers on subnet  (Read 896 times)

nixki

• Recent member
MC17 on windows8 not seeing renderers on subnet
« on: February 21, 2013, 03:29:13 pm »

I can "almost" use MC17 on a brand new samsung ultrabook running windows 8 pro.  I say "almost" because I experience all sorts of bugs that I don't on my older Win7 Acer laptop.
After a fresh reboot, everything looks nice and sometimes it works but most of the time, it either takes forever for MC17 to detect the Perfectwave Bridge and the WDTVLive.
It sees the library which is on a Qnap NAS but does not always detect the PW-Bridge.  Very annoying.
I tried to pause Kaspersky protection, no change. BTW, same Kaspersky Pure 2.0 runs on the other Win7 boxes where MC17 works just fine sending the music from the Qnap NAS to the PS Audio Bridge.

Sometimes, after a while, it detects the renderers.  I might work for a while but then, a box appears stating that "there was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device". Restarting mc17 does not do the trick. The renderers and the other available libraries do not show in MC17. (And the other Win7 machines work fine)

I use only the "controler" part of MC17, the server is either the Qnap or PSAudio eLyric Music Manager.

Looks like a bug between MC17 and Windows8 Pro.

Are there different settings for Windows 8 that I should be aware of?

Right now, after 3 reboots, it took another 15 minutes to "see" the PSABridge.  Plays since 12 minutes and then the other renderer appeared (WDTVLive) and then another 5 minutes and the Acer laptop appeared.  Till I loose it again...

Thanks for helping, at the moment, I'm stuck to keeping the older Win7 box that my son has his eyes on.  :)

Louis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up