INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble ripping DVDs  (Read 852 times)

Don W

• World Citizen
Trouble ripping DVDs
« on: February 05, 2013, 10:31:38 pm »

Hello,

Recently I have been having weird trouble ripping DVD. Basically, when I try to rip a dvd JRiver displays a message with title "Confirm Action" and message "Ripping failed. Would you like the incomplete ripped data deleted?" No indication of what went wrong. This is happening with every DVD I try. Not long ago I simply never had trouble ripping DVD. This is happening on two computers, my HTPC and my work computer. Both are running Windows 8. On one, I have the stable version of Media Center - 18.0.106, and on the other the most recent build - 18.0.128.

A few things I have noticed:

1.  Occasionally, it works. I haven't figured out why.
2.  When I open the dialog to "Get Movie & TV Info" from the internet, and select an appropriate entry, the display still says "No information available."
3.  Often when I click Rip Disk it will open the Get Movie and TV Info dialog, even though I've already done that.
4.  Usually I seem to be able to play back fine. But once, and only once, I got an error when trying to play DVD that read "key exchange for dvd copy protection failed."

That's about all I can say about it right now. Anybody have any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks in advance.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Trouble ripping DVDs
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 05:24:44 pm »

I stumbled on this problem today. My weird, wonderful & wacky solution was to stop using RDP to access my MC machine. For some reason, the faux-video driver that RDP uses doesn't play well with the region and encryption on DVDs.

Using a local monitor solved my key issue--hope it helps you with yours!

brad

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Trouble ripping DVDs
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:14:22 pm »

I assume you're using something like AnyDVD to defeat the copy protection on the DVDs?

Is, perhaps, the decrypter malfunctioning?  Sorry, I'm not much help otherwise, as I don't rip new DVDs very often (and when I have, I've always used a third-party ripper).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up