INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Does Not Display When Media Added Via Client - MC18.  (Read 1741 times)

Sqydo

• Recent member
Cover Art Does Not Display When Media Added Via Client - MC18.
« on: January 27, 2013, 08:25:22 am »

Hi,

Current Setup as follows...

PC Always On - Running as Server using MC 18.0.122, used for playing media to TV etc.
Client Laptop - Running as client using MC 18.0.122, used for adding new media etc. as PC is not accessible.

When I add a video etc. from the client, ie copy the file over onto my NAS, the Server finds it and it appears on the client. I then select the file and "Get Movie & TV Info". I then Sync with the Server and the updated information appears with the exception of the cover art which does not appear on either the Server or the Client.

When I check inside the files directory both the cover art and the sidecar file have been written and are present. The only way I can get the cover art to display is if I then go to the Server, select the file and click "Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory" the cover art then appears on the Sever and shortly after appears on the Client when it syncs again.

Obviously this is a bit of a pain, as I only want to be using the Server as a "player" controlled via my remote. I don't want to be dragging out a keyboard and shutting down Theater View every time I add a file.

Any help would be appreciated. ;)

Sqydo

• Recent member
Re: Issue with Cover Art not displaying when media added from client.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:13:29 pm »

Sorry to bump, is this not a known issue?

Sqydo

• Recent member
Re: Cover Art Does Not Display When Media Added Via Client - MC18.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:48:10 am »

<Bump>

Sqydo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 11:09:05 am »

<Bump>

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 11:15:40 am »

Have you checked the consistency of the setting for the location of the Cover Art on both server and client?

Sqydo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:25:53 am »

Hi psam,

Both are identical and the NAS drives are mapped to the same letters on all machines.

Movie cover art is added in the same directory as the video file, it appears there instantly when i "Get Movie & TV Info" on the client. When i sync with the Server the "sidecar file" is also written to the same directory with the downloaded meta then appearing on the Server, movie description etc. The cover art does not display however, until i manually click "Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory" on the Server. The Cover art then displays on the client.

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 02:30:46 pm »

Hi psam,

Both are identical and the NAS drives are mapped to the same letters on all machines.

Oops! I have just confirmed I have the same problem exactly.

For each movie with filename say foo.mkv there is a foo.jpg file , but the Cover Art does not show up on the standard Video Pane view.

I have not watched any movies lately, but I am sure it was OK like a month ago....

Sqydo

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 02:43:25 pm »

Glad i'm not the only one who has this problem then, I can't believe it's gone unnoticed or isn't an issue for anyone else.

If you force it to "Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory" it finds the cover art, but annoyingly it's not doing it automatically.

Any comment from the Devs?

Sqydo

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 01:58:51 pm »

BUMP

Still not resolved as of 18.0.129.

Anyone?
Pages: [1]   Go Up