INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac Version Testing?  (Read 2000 times)

StaticBool

Mac Version Testing?
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:22:18 pm »

I might be the only one, but how should I "be sure" about purchasing the license without having a look at the program before?

When I read about the Mac version I was completely excited since I consider MC the best software on the market. Could you make it possible to have a 30 days trial or something like for the Windows version?

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Re: Mac Version Testing?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:25:03 pm »

I'm pretty sure that there will be a 30 trial when it is finally released out of alpha/beta... the early bird pricing does not have a refund or trial.

I'm OK with that, I wouldn't want people to be judging whether or not they should buy my product based on an alpha/beta version of it, when it is the first time on a new platform.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:29:11 pm »

Right.  I'm sure it'll probably have the same trial licensing as the Windows version, when it is closer to "fully baked".  But, by then, the early-bird pricing will be long-gone.

Taking the early-bird price is absolutely a risk.  They're TELLING us it is going to be half-baked for a while (Alpha/Beta quality).  But, on the other hand, you'll get to help them improve it.  If you're looking for something that is essentially trouble-free, then wait a few months and check back.  If you're willing to live on the cutting edge (and be frustrated here and there), in order to help, then you get a 1/2 discount for your trouble.  But you have to risk it.

That's the deal.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rjm

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:30:04 pm »

Using ShadowStat's estimate of the true current inflation rate of 10%, the near 0% interest available for your savings, and JRiver's history of stable pricing, it would have to take JRiver about 6 years to get the Mac version into an acceptable state for the early bird 50% discount to be a bad deal.

Given JRiver's track record you can't lose.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts

sunfire7

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 01:45:44 pm »

Do you know why there were so many early birds (including myself)? Because we trust JRiver as a company, I have not seen this kind of support and update cycle in any software, and they are doing it since very long time, and the product is a quality one (windows version).  That's why I payed to be an early bird, because I know I won't be disappointed.
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 01:49:20 pm »

Do you know why there were so many early birds (including myself)? Because we trust JRiver as a company, I have not seen this kind of support and update cycle in any software, and they are doing it since very long time, and the product is a quality one (windows version).  That's why I payed to be an early bird, because I know I won't be disappointed.
Thank you very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up