INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to name tracks not found in the database  (Read 1324 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Best way to name tracks not found in the database
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:45:57 pm »

I just ripped a CD and the info is not found online. What is the best way to rename the files so that they are tagged properly?

Should I edit the file names in explorer? Edit the tags and rename the files from the tags? I just want to make sure everything stays clean in the library and the file browser.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Best way to name tracks not found in the database
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:56:02 pm »

You can just tag inside MC and then use Rename, Move & Copy to rename the files based on your tags and the Audio settings in Tools > Options > File Locations > Audio.  Look at the Presets at the bottom left of the dialog.  You can also just define a rename template on the fly.

Next time, it would be beneficial to all if you fill in the CD information pre-rip, and then Submit to the online database.  Your tracks will have the information and so will other owners of that CD.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rec head

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:48:37 am »

Thanks. It was weird with this disc because it was part of a 2 disc set and the first disc was recognized. I tried deleting the tracks from the library and re-ripping but I think that MC remembered the CD so it used the name I had given it before and it still wasn't recognized.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 11:23:45 am »

The disc is remembered.  You can ask MC to re-lookup the disc (right-click disc, Update from Online Database) w/out removing the tracks.

Perhaps the album name contained the disc number?  If this is removed, the lookup may succeed.  Use expression rules to add back the Disc # to your file path and leave the Album name the same for all discs.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 05:12:10 pm »

You might want to try SongKong, which accesses MusicBrainz and Discogs.  Free trial.  I use this after YADB.
Pages: [1]   Go Up