INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating smart lists for each composer  (Read 1199 times)

PhilipAC

• Recent member
Creating smart lists for each composer
« on: February 23, 2013, 09:53:58 am »

Hi all

I'm new to MC, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

In iTunes, I can create a Smart Playlist for each of my classical composers, so that when I go into Mahler,say,
I get a screen showing the album covers for all my Mahler albums. I click on the album cover of the disc I want
to play, and the tracks appear below the album.

How do I do the same thing in MC please? Smartlists or Playlists aren't the answer, because they only produce
track files- I want album covers.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Philip

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Creating smart lists for each composer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 01:03:35 pm »

It sounds like you want to create a view that is geared towards classical music.

The MC users Vincent Kars has some fine instructions that, though dated, give some ideas what you can do for classical music.  Take a look at his Classical section:

http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Players/JRiver/Classical.htm

to see if that gives you some ideas what you can do.

Views can be created and customized an many ways, so its worth spending a little time reviewing how to create and customize views.  User marco has done a wonderful job providing an overview:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0

In essence, you want to create a new Categories view, that includes the primary category of Composer so you can drill down into album, and then works or track selections.

One of the strong points of MC is that is database query driven - so you can stop thinking in terms of lists, and start thinking in terms of properties and asking MC to present collections to you based on these properties.

If you need more specific help after reviewing, don't hesitate to ask...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up