INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ability to create custom library sections! and More!!!  (Read 1205 times)

jgalbraith

Ability to create custom library sections! and More!!!
« on: February 16, 2013, 03:44:14 pm »

1) Ability to create custom sections within Video Libraries.  For example I currently have under Videos: Files, Home Videos, Movies, Shows, and Connected Media.  I have a huge collection of UFC Videos, Disney Classics, and Old Cartoons.  I would like to have the ability add these as sub items like this...
    Files
    Home Videos
    Movies

--Disney Classics
    Shows
    --UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
    --Old Cartoons
    Connected Media
I think these should be for both Standard & Theater Modes if not all view modes

2)
Ability to easily toggle Watched/Unwatched ( I just cant believe that MC18 a $50 program doesn't already have this when there are at least 4 or 5 free programs that have this ability)

3) More options in Theater Mode to customize the view and add BANNERS for TV Shows!!!  I think you should look at XBMC as it is the best IMO... The Home Page is just perfect!!!

I have been using XBMC for about two years and loved it.  I would still be using it but I recently bought an Onkyo 1000W 5.1 Sound System (I also have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Edition Sound Card with Dolby and DTS encoding) I am using optical out from my PC to the Onkyo Receiver, and XBMC now doesn't do 5.1 now... even though it is supposed to... It just locks up when trying to change the settings to the WASAPI SPDIF Optical, or if I get the setting set correct the video tries to play but wont.  I can get t to work but only for 2.0 sound and even that sounds like crap.  Media Center 18 doesn't have any of those issues and the sound is AMAZING using Media Center 18!!!  I do however like XBMC over Media Center 18 Theater Mode as it has many more options in how you can view your library particularly banners in TV Shows.

Please don't take it the wrong way when I say home much I like XBMC, because I really do like Media Center 18 better now because of all of the options.  MC18 has more options and features that any other similar program I have used to date (ALL OF THEM OUT THERE) I just really miss some things from XBMC especially the Home Page.  I am also a professional website designer/developer (as well as PC Technician) but mostly I enjoy the design part.  As a web designer I really appreciate a well designed and easy to use user interface and if there is anything I can do to help with the design my contact details are listed below (However I stay pretty busy between my work and my Family/Wife $ 12yr old Daughter). 

I look forward to seeing Media Center 19 and 20!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,
Jonathan Galbraith
Full Spec Web Design
Portfolio: http://fullspecweb.com/portfolio.html
PC Tech
Primary Email: fullspecwebdesign@gmail.com
Secondary Email: jon@pctechwise.com

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Ability to create custom library sections! and More!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 06:04:47 am »

Ad 1. Tool>options>theater view : add / nest

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ability to create custom library sections! and More!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 07:41:35 am »

1. Yeah, the custom categories ability is already there. I have, under my main Video item, in both Theater View and DLNA view):

Video
  Movies
     All Movies
     Genres
     James Bond
     Decades
     HD
  Music
     Promo Videos
       Artists
       Genres
       HD
     Live Performances
     Documentaries & Features
  Theme Parks

You can create categories and nest them and filter them in any way you want.  For your Disney Classic item, for example, you would have a file-include rule like "Genre = Disney Classic", or however you have identified them. Simples!

3. What sort of enhanced options for customisation in Theater View are you thinking of, and what do you mean by Banners?
Pages: [1]   Go Up