INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nobody knows the answer?!  (Read 896 times)

dove g

• Recent member
Nobody knows the answer?!
« on: April 08, 2002, 02:24:45 am »

I would like to record audio from my audiocard from OPTICAL IN.

There is one major problem, input is 48kHz/16bit, and I think that Media Jukebox support only 44.1/16, so recorded material played is slow.

Is there any solution for 48kHz recording?

Thank you.

Scronch

RE:Nobody knows the answer?!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2002, 02:43:45 am »

I don't think your question is clear.  Are you saying that you've tried this already, and found that the playback was slow?  I would think the software would just re-sample the 48kHz input at 44.1kHz, resulting in some quality loss but no speed error.  Acoustica allows conversion of sample rates, but my impression is that it simply re-samples the data.

Scronch

dove g

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2002, 04:03:13 am »

Hi, thanks for answer.

Yes I have try it already. I noticed that Media Jukebox doesn't just resample input 48kHz to output wav file 44.1kHz, but instead of that Jukebox take recording from line IN at 48kHz and record this like it is 44.1kHz (so there is not quality loss matter, but song in wav format is slower than original).

Reason for that is I supose that Media Jukebox record wav 48kHz and doesn't do resampling to 44.1kHz from optical input and then just assign to that wav file (in header I supose) that this file is 44.1...

So that is like you have 48kHz file played in speed like it is 44.1kHz. So slowed down...

Thanks for any other help, I appreciated.

Scronch

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2002, 01:12:45 pm »

Hmmmm.  Interesting.  I think the JRiver guys will have to answer.

Scronch

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2002, 01:13:36 pm »

Oh, by the way, people tend to ignore posts with subject names like you used.  You need to describe the subject.

dove g

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2002, 10:41:45 pm »

Thank you guys for just giving me any help, this is my 3rd psot here with the same question and only these has some answer. You can check it and see it...

I don't know what SUbject must be to get someone from JRiver to answer.

Please do you have some usefull advice to get JRiver attention?

Michael Horton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2002, 11:13:57 pm »

It's like writing an essay. You pick the topic sentence and make it the heading. Much of the help around here comes from fellow users, and not everyone reads every thread (who has the time?) But, if you include in the subject key terms such as 48kHz recording and optical in, people with some experience in this area may be inclined to pitch in. If no answer for a couple of days, bump up the thread (don't start a new one on the same topic). Your new, re-titled post is better. Sorry, I don't know anything about the question that you're asking in this thread, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up