INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragonfly DAC sounds noticeably better using ASIO4All (not WASAPI Event)  (Read 3019 times)

Glenhd

Hi,

I installed JRiver a few days ago. Prior to JRiver I was streaming Itunes from a Win 7 machine through an Ipad. My kids are always using the Ipad and the streaming server is an office system, so for peace of mind I decided to go it alone and purchased a used Win 7 based laptop specifically for music. Interestingly enough I was not happy with the sound - was expecting more based on comments and reviews, especially those stating JRiver sounded better than Itunes in a Win 7 environment.

Anyway...after listening for a few hours last night I decided to download ASIO4All and try it rather than use (the recommended) WASAPI Event. Wow! There was clearly an audible difference,  the ASIO4All sounded much smoother and clearer. I've A/B'd a few times since then - when I choose WASAPI Event, the sound is grainier (distorted?) and somewhat unpleasant to listen to.
Not sure why this is happening?
 ?

wavelength

• Recent member

Glen,

I find the exact opposite... You may want to enable memory mode and see if there is any increase in performance.

Thanks
Gordon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WavelengthAudio.com
USBdacs.com
Guitar-Engines.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up