INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will there be support for VoiceOver?  (Read 1496 times)

Jim_R

Will there be support for VoiceOver?
« on: February 21, 2013, 05:29:25 pm »

I'm totally blind and would like to know if VO will be supported or if support can be added/ fine tuned as the development progresses?

I was not able to use MC on any Windows machines as my screen readers would not work with it.  Hopeing VoiceOver is a different experience -- either through coco classes or tweaks to custom classes a la Apple's accessibility guidelines.  Keyboard support is god for all users.

Thanks,

Jim

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Will there be support for VoiceOver?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:42:11 pm »

It is not currently working (I just tested).

I can't speak to whether they intend to correct this or not.  They are still very early in the process at this point (still pre-alpha), so it is possible.  Someone from JRiver would have to comment about it to be sure of their plans/intentions.  But, I figured I'd check for you, and unfortunately, not yet.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Jim_R

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 06:59:30 pm »

Thanks much for checking.  My hope was to get in as early as I could and hope to move this along.  So far my experiences with other vendors (PM and Audirvana) has been very positive, so hope the same goes here.  I can and do use both of those regularly now, but still want a more robust catalog especially for my classical and world music collections.

I only care about audio -- bit-perfect, PCM and DSD, (nolossy compression types) and highest quality streams from such sources, and some internet radio on occasion.

Thanks,

Jim

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 07:43:34 pm »

Thanks much for checking.  My hope was to get in as early as I could and hope to move this along.  So far my experiences with other vendors (PM and Audirvana) has been very positive, so hope the same goes here.  I can and do use both of those regularly now, but still want a more robust catalog especially for my classical and world music collections.

You need to hear back from them.  But if they're interested in doing it (Note to Listeners from JRiver: You Should), I think you'd have a similar experience here.  They're very receptive to constructive, and especially concrete "this is broken in this particular way" type feedback, and often make changes quickly.

I suspect the answer will depend on how easy it will be for them to use the VO stuff built into Cocoa.  Their UI drawing layer is obviously very custom, so it might be a challenge, but I really have no idea.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up