INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some ideas about dolby tru HD / DTSHD to lpcm  (Read 819 times)

jorsan

• World Citizen
some ideas about dolby tru HD / DTSHD to lpcm
« on: February 24, 2013, 04:38:13 pm »

I was thinking to use the capabilities of JRiver to substitute my processor if thats possible. The idea is to process the dolby tru HD / DTS HD and other movie codecs inside MC, and then optput the already converted signal (as lpcm?) to a box that convert that signal in to regular output channels to connect each of the 7 channels to a power amp? (maybe a box like this one: http://www.ambery.com/2hddodtsdihd.html). If thats possible, the use of convolution to correct room anomalies can be a possibility also, and that will be great!
Sorry my lack of knowledge but Im trying to use my computer and jriver to take care of everything. your input will be apreciated, thanks in advance.  

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: some ideas about dolby tru HD / DTSHD to lpcm
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:28:10 pm »

That is pretty well the recommended option.  Decode in MC, apply any of the DSP effects you need including VideoClock for Audio/Video sync and then push the signal out for either:
1) Amplification Only (eg to a power amp once you have done the DAC in the HTPC or with an outboard DAC) or
2) DAC and Amplification (most common approach) where you push the decoded LPCM out to a Receiver that uses its DAC and Amp sections.
JRiver CEO Elect

jorsan

• World Citizen
Re: some ideas about dolby tru HD / DTSHD to lpcm
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:56:15 am »

Thanks jmone!
Pages: [1]   Go Up