INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.139 Alpha -- Available Here  (Read 45526 times)

djsherif

Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.139 Alpha -- Available Here
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 11:38:48 am »

Would love to get this working but it won't even launch.  Crashes immediately on open. Have re-installed 4 times already.

Error log attached.

I'm on 10.8.2

georgem

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2013, 12:09:48 pm »

Crashes on open.  OS 10.8.2

Report attached.

kwyatt99

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2013, 12:12:54 pm »

Yes, it's a little rough (my main problems are the occasional split-second drop-outs), and sometimes I can't easily get the MC screen back up. BUt the sound quality (and that's what it's all about, right guys?) is excellent. I've been using Pure Music for a couple years (and also Decibel, Audirvana, etc...) and while I haven't had time to do an in-depth A/B, I've played enough of my favorites to know we're in the same zipcode with the best MAC playback programs I'm familiar with.

I have lots of questions, but for now, I'll let you guys get back to work. Kudos on a great start!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2013, 12:13:10 pm »

Thanks Mr C- so is there a way I can set up page of all my 50 Mahler symphonies showing them by album, not each track? And of course,
the same for all my other composers?

Please open a new thread for this, as it isn't really a bug report, or related to the Alpha-ness nature of this post.

Perhaps one of the Mods can move the thread content...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

AlanM

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2013, 03:43:40 pm »

I'm on 10.7.5 and it crashes every time I start it.  Have downloaded and installed again but still the same.  4gb ram, virus checker turned off. 
Not sure how to attach the crash report !

BubbaMike

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2013, 08:09:12 pm »

MacPro 1.1, 9GB Memory, OSX 10.7.5 Crashes whenever it is opened.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

zapper

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2013, 11:47:43 pm »

Great to see this released for Mac.

Works fine using headphone out and also works using optical digital out to an external DAC, but it does not seem to work through my USB DAC (Apogee Duet 2). I have chosen the Duet as the playback device in Playback Options. When I try to play a song, the Audio Path view shows the correct input and output as if it's playing, but there is no sound and the song appears to be stuck (not playing in the transport).

I tried playing from memory and not playing from memory. I tried selecting exclusive access and deselecting exclusive access. I tried internal volume, system volume, and disabling volume. Nope nope nope...

I am running 10.8.2 on a MBP with 8GB RAM and 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5.

il Carletto

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2013, 07:27:30 am »

iMac 27 i7 2011, 16Gb, OS X 10.7.5
I can load tracks properly but JR doesn't play at all  ?

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2013, 08:40:24 am »

I can load tracks properly but JR doesn't play at all  ?

Try changing the volume mode from system to internal and back.
Also try playback with another app (itunes).

I had similar problem when trying mc mac on my 2011 imac after first install. Fiddling with the volume modes as well as playing back with itunes suddenly defroze mc mac!
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 07:21:42 pm »

Resize the window, then double click on the menu bar. Normal mac behaviour would make the program minimize, but MC maximizes. Also, if you then resize the window again you see a weird black window under the main MC window.

Meh.

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »

I just downloaded 18.0.139 and had the same problem with 138- the program won't import music.  I'm using a brand new iMac utilizing Mountain Lion. 

scottlf

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2013, 08:28:52 pm »

What a great start you guys are making! Even in alpha, the file management speeds are impressive -- and I'm working with a 2TB library. Playback is very nice, and bitrates are changed to match the files. I have created a special view for classical music (that's my bailiwick) that is suiting my tastes quite nicely.

Of course I'm finding some bugs. Here are the most consistent ones. OS 10.8.2, Mac Pro with 8 cores. Music library on a separate internal 3TB drive. MC plays out via USB to a V-Link/192, thence to DAC and amp.

1) Tagging: the program can't really do this without crashing. I have found that sometimes if I tag multiple files it manages to write tags to some of them, but so far tagging is pretty much a guaranteed crash.

2) Clicks: after a while the program becomes generally unresponsive to mouse clicks. I have found that in most cases right-clicking (instead of left) gets it to respond again, but from that point until restarting the program clicks become hit-and-miss.

3) Resizing the main window from the bottom: sometimes causes a weird hiccup in which the whole thing just disappears, but the program is still running.

4) The occasional file plays with a bunch of skips and stutters. But stopping, then restarting playback, solves it.

5) Search: another guaranteed crash.

I'm looking forward to watching MC grow!  :)

zapper

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2013, 09:26:45 pm »

Getting the attached error (screenshot) when trying to edit file properties directly within MC, e.g. artist.  However, it seems to successfully change the property regardless of the error.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2013, 10:53:01 pm »

I'd just like to apologize for the slacking on the new build.

I've been busy this weekend, and tonight I need my rest.  I'll try to work on this tomorrow evening.  But, great work all around.  I'm quite excited about the possibilities!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JohnT

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2013, 07:20:13 am »

Thanks for the detailed feedback everyone.  We'll be prioritizing and working hard this week to smooth out as many of the reported problems as we can.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

rrw

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2013, 08:27:59 am »

Hi
Congratulations to your decision for a Mac version!
I used Elyric for my Ps Audio DAC so far and Paul McGowen suggested to switch to JRiver...
As a new member of the community I would like to motivate and support you as good as I can...

I installed the first alpha version.

I know that I should not report minor bugs, however my MC 18 does not start at all!  ;)
I work on Mac Pro, 12 GB RAM, 4x3 TB drives, newest OS including all software updates and clean installed 2 months ago...
When I start MC 18 nothing happens (also no warning about a crash ecc)
All the best - looking forward to hearing from you!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2013, 09:01:02 am »

Welcome and thanks for the good wishes.  Watch the thread on crashes.  We think that older hardware is a problem.  We hope to have a fix this week.

MightyA-MAN

• Recent member
  • Senior European Brand ManagerVideo & Computer Games
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2013, 01:25:24 pm »

Hi there,

After using Media Center for Mac a couple of days on my rMBP, I've installed it on my iMac now as well. However, there's a strange behaviour, as MC seems to play funny with the Audio Output options: It constantly switches to my Sennheiser Bluetooth Headset. And as that isn't connected, Mac OS is giving out an error message.

That also results in me being unable to change the volume through the keyboard, but only through MC's volume slider.

Best regards,

Mighty A-MAN

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2013, 01:33:05 pm »

However, there's a strange behaviour, as MC seems to play funny with the Audio Output options: It constantly switches to my Sennheiser Bluetooth Headset.
Could that be the default device setting in the OS?  I believe it can be changed there.

MightyA-MAN

• Recent member
  • Senior European Brand ManagerVideo & Computer Games
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2013, 01:41:58 pm »

Could that be the default device setting in the OS?  I believe it can be changed there.

Hi Jim,

I wish that would be the case, but no, all OS settings are correct and only get changed to the Headset by Media Center. I didn't even had that Headset connected since ages, so was very puzzled at first. I might check later to see what happens after restarting the whole system, but don't really expect any change in the behaviour.

On another note, and sorry if I'm asking what I should have read somewhere, but I can't recall/find anything: Isn't there a MP3 audio codec included? I used Media Center for Windows via Parallels in order to convert my high-quality audio to simple 128kbit MP3 files for in-car usage. But it seems there's no MP3 option in the Mac version yet. Also I can't mount the SD card I'm using in-car as I can do in the Windows version, which I guess is just a yet missing feature. While I can get around that, I obviously can't do anything if there's no MP3 encoder.

Thanks and best regards,

Mighty A-MAN

jjde244

• Recent member
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2013, 01:56:45 pm »

I'm not able to play my import WAV files using MC without distortion in the playback.  I'm currently using an external DAC (Weiss) with a firewire connection. Any suggestions? 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2013, 01:59:46 pm »

That could be a bug.  We have a known audio playback problem.  Should be fixed soon if that's what it is.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up