INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help on re-installing/purchasing  (Read 801 times)

jwoodman

• Recent member
Help on re-installing/purchasing
« on: March 16, 2013, 05:40:33 pm »

Finally snapped with iTunes after it failed to recognise my music library and lost my playlists for the third time in three weeks. I'm a previous user of Media Center 16 on an previous PC. I downloaded the free version of version of MC18 tonight to see if I still liked it, which I did. I uninstalled the free download, and contacted JRiver for my registration code for MC16. I've input this on the restore page of the website, but all that happens is that I get a download of a 2kb file called MediaCenter16-149795.mjr. Windows can't recognise this, and nothing else seems to happen.  I don't need the improved features of MC18, and I would be perfectly happy if I can somehow get MC16 onto the new PC. Equally if this can't be done, I would be very happy to purchase MC18, but I'm concerned that if I do this I'm going to run into problems because I'm already registered with my current email address as an MC16 user! Help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Help on re-installing/purchasing
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 09:42:47 am »

You can find old versions here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Old_Versions

If you want to try MC18, just install it.  Then restore your MC16 license.  When you go to purchase MC18, you'll get the upgrade price.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up