INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cue / large flac file handling  (Read 669 times)

sskings

cue / large flac file handling
« on: February 23, 2013, 12:24:02 pm »

After reading through the boards and wiki I'm still confused on how MC handles cue / large flac combination files.  If I'd like to store music without splitting the large flac file, what's the best way to do this.

For example, here is one problem I'm encountering:  when I drag a cue file from Windows over to MC it shows the right set of files.  The filename is labeled with the large flac file semicolon track number.  When I do a rename, move, copy files... nothing gets moved.

If you use cue / large music file combination, I'd appreciate your commentary on how you use MC.

Thanks.
Steve

sskings

Re: cue / large flac file handling
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 12:36:10 pm »

OK.  I've done a little fiddling.  In the Rename, Move, Copy options if you choose copy MC will break the large flac file into individual track flac files.  If you choose rename the Filename pointer in the library changes but the files are not moved.  I think this may be a bug in MC.

Maybe the rename is not occurring because this will break the cue file reference.  However, MC should be able to move the cue and large flac file to the new folder I think.

Thoughts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up