INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 18 stops working  (Read 1070 times)

haya

MC 18 stops working
« on: April 06, 2013, 10:11:16 am »

Hi,

I have 18.0.158 installed on my laptop; Regularly it stops working (Windows dialog: Media Center Stopped Working). I cannot detect any pattern (sometimes twice in half an hour, sometimes once in a day) and unfortunately the Windows dialog is not informative enough to hint at a possible cause.
I had similar problems with the previous stable version. It's quite an old PC which used to run on Vista. Thinking the problems could possibly related to that I recently did a fresh install of W7. Alas, no improvement. Media Center is pretty much the only application I currently have installed on it.
I'm using a Musical Fidelity V-Link 192 USB converter with version 1.48 of the Thesycon USB Audio Driver.

Although I have used Media Center for several years this is the first time I'm having a problem with it. Being new to this forum my question is what the best way is to file a problem report. I have Logging information from since a few crashes (in lack of a better word) ago. Do I upload it to this forum? Should I send it to anyone in particular?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Haya

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: MC 18 stops working
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 12:13:10 pm »

Does it stop permanently, or just for about 20 - 30 seconds?  The later might indicate an idle disk spin-up.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

haya

Re: MC 18 stops working
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 12:30:50 pm »

It stops permanently.

But it does retain the current playlist.
I have had forced shutdowns of MC because of other computer problems in the past where changes to library and playlists were lost.

I'm not sure whether this is relevant though.

Haya
Pages: [1]   Go Up