INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could not start at middle of a DSD track  (Read 1147 times)

Monteverdi

• Junior Woodchuck
Could not start at middle of a DSD track
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:06:37 am »

Hi Matt,

I am using the latest build 136 to play DSD files with ASIO and DSD bitstream set up. I don't know why I could only start at the beginning of each DSD track but not other parts of the same track. When I tried to do so, MC was immediately frozen and forced to close. I, however, am able to start at anywhere of a PCM track as I like. Grateful if you could look into the matter. Thanks.

PS. A very slight hiss sound is still audible in track changes.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Could not start at middle of a DSD track
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 09:17:59 am »

How are you starting in the middle of the track?  Editing 'Playback Range' or something else?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Monteverdi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 12:26:26 am »

Just click anywhere in the time bar. No problem in PCM files.

Monteverdi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 02:44:34 am »

Matt,

What I really mean is when playing a PCM audio track, I am able to jump to and hence play a later part of the same track by just hitting the time bar of the same track. When I tried to do so for a DSD track, MC stopped playing immediately and was forced to close. I guess this might be due to a much longer buffering time required by a DSD track. Thanks for you quick response anyway.

Monteverdi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 03:17:40 am »

Matt,

I thought I might need to give you an example of what I intended to do for your better understanding.

Say, there are 4 tracks of continuous classical music which require gapless playing. Track 3 lasts for 8:00. For some reasons I would like to play Track 4 only. However, Track 4 starts with a very loud bass drum. To avoid being caught by surprise at the outset, I rather choose to start playing the last minute of Track 3 which is a relatively quieter passage. This will lead up to the big drum sound of Track 4 in a smooth manner. So I choose Track 3 and start playing from its beginning instead. Right after pressing the play button I use the cursor of my notebook computer to click on 7:00 of the time bar of Track 3. For PCM files the music will smoothly fade from the beggining of Track 3 to 7:00 without troubles. However, if I do the same thing for a DSD track by hitting 7:00 of Track 3, there is a pop up warning telling me that MC has stopped running and I need to close MC.

Thanks again for your patience and effort in looking into this matter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up