INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question about handheld sync options-custom folder paths  (Read 1135 times)

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
question about handheld sync options-custom folder paths
« on: March 02, 2013, 05:25:12 pm »

I currently sync images through a smartlist to a handheld that is really a folder on the hard drive. I then sync this folder to my android. PLEASE KEEP READING-this is not an android question!

MC18 also creates an m3u playlist, but my android device can't read *image* playlists, only music ones (is this true?). Here's why I ask:

If I make a folder path name based on [Album] or [Event] for my handheld sync, then this would get an initial set of files. My future pics would be placed in a path folder using this method, but I don't want them separated this way. My best picture smartlists find groups of people across all years, events, etc. The result is I can have a smartlist of 'all daughter pics' or 'all kids' that span all years and categories.

Right now, MC puts all the pics in one folder, because I chose this way. I can't figure out how to have MC sort these hundreds of pics into folders...I can't use [People] because my different smartlists identify different groups of people (dad and boys, sisters, mom and girls, etc.).

What I would like to know is can MC create a folder path based on the smartlist name? That way, all future pics that are added via the smartlist would simply go to the right folder.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: question about handheld sync options-custom folder paths
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 06:12:06 pm »

What I would like to know is can MC create a folder path based on the smartlist name?

Nope.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 01:05:49 pm »

...Does anyone have a good suggestion of how to organize these smartlists?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 02:01:28 pm »

You can configure the folder rules for media placement in HH options.  But it's not clear how you'd want to locate an image that contains both dad and mom - should the image go in the dad folder, or the mom folder, or the dad; mom folder, or ?  The combinations get very large when you start adding boys, girls, and sisters, etc.

It seems the real weakness is that you can't play images from playlists...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up