INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eventghost MC plug-in  (Read 2244 times)

kkl

• Recent member
Eventghost MC plug-in
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:46:25 pm »

I would like to use the Eventghost JR MC plug-in, but am getting a  "J River Media Center is not running" error with any command.  I'm suspicious that the problem is this python command which dates back to MC 14:
Code: [Select]
FindJRMC = eg.WindowMatcher(None,u'Media Center{*}',u'MJFrame',None, None, 1, False, 0.0, 0)

Does anyone know the correct windows console handle for MC 18 and Windows 8?  Thank you.

kkl

• Recent member
Re: Eventghost MC plug-in
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:24:09 pm »

Found it:

FindJRMC = eg.WindowMatcher(None,'JRiver Media Center{*}',u'MJFrame',None, None, 1, False, 0.0, None)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Eventghost MC plug-in
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 02:52:17 pm »

Found it:

FindJRMC = eg.WindowMatcher(None,'JRiver Media Center{*}',u'MJFrame',None, None, 1, False, 0.0, None)

Yes, that was a recent change.

I don't know EventGhost very well, but you may also be able to accomplish the same task via Windows Messages rather than doing it via finding the Window handle directly.

My Girder GML does most MC commands this way, and it is reliable (it never changes) and it is higher performing than sending keypresses or other similar measures.  Like I said, I'm not very familiar with EventGhost, though if it can send out Win API messages (via PostMessage or SendMessage) you may have better success long-term using that method.

Feel free to ask questions if you need to know more.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up