INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import from DVD Profiler  (Read 28814 times)

gschaben1

• Recent member
Re: Import from DVD Profiler
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2013, 02:36:52 pm »

MrC,
 That's got it. But now I have a question about importing the info into MC. The File > Import Playlist worked, but, because I had previously imported some of the titles from .iso files on attached hard drives, there are now duplicate entries. I could remove the imported .iso files from the library first and then run the playlist import, but then I wouldn't be able to play them using MCs player because they would have no file location. I also tried clearing the library, running the playlist import, and then importing the files from the hard drive again, but again got duplicates. Will I need to add the file location manually to titles imported via the DVD Profiler playlist file?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2013, 02:55:14 pm »

The two entries, one created from the imported ISO and the other from the DVD Profiler import are currently distinct from MC's perspective.  If you want to tie the existing ISO entry to the metadata imported by the MPL file, you'll need to have the MPL file's Filename field match your ISO entries Filename field.  When Filename exists, MC will overwrite the metadata for that track (rather than create a new one).  I'm not sure how this can be managed automatically.

Generally MC works on a one entry = one physical file basis.

There is a Copy and Paste Tags functionality, where you could copy the tags from the imported MPL and paste them to the entries for which there are actual files.

If you can think of a reliable way to relate your current entries Filename field with those in the MPL, then maybe a Filename field entry could be written before import so that your current entries are updated.

Makes sense?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

gschaben1

• Recent member
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2013, 10:11:02 am »

MrC,
The two entries, one created from the imported ISO and the other from the DVD Profiler import are currently distinct from MC's perspective.  If you want to tie the existing ISO entry to the metadata imported by the MPL file, you'll need to have the MPL file's Filename field match your ISO entries Filename field. When Filename exists, MC will overwrite the metadata for that track (rather than create a new one).

Which means the MC Filename containing the .iso folder information will be lost anyway, since it's not in the .mpl import file. So matching the current entries' Filenames to those in the .mpl file wouldn't make any difference.

There is a Copy and Paste Tags functionality, where you could copy the tags from the imported MPL and paste them to the entries for which there are actual files.

But this looks like it will work fine. Pasting the tags to the .iso entries doesn't overwrite the Filename or the Image. I only have about 100 files I would like to update, and they'll be easy to identify. Then I'll just need to remove the imported .mpl entries, which should be easy enough.
Now I can start adding the field mapping entries I want to the dvdprofiler2mc file. Thanks again.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2013, 11:24:20 am »

Sounds like a good solution.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

gschaben1

• Recent member
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2013, 01:38:29 pm »

MrC,
 Done! I added numerous Credit and DVD fields and created the matching MC custom fields. All show up in the coverted.mpl file and get imported correctly into MC. The only fields I wasn't sure about were the AudioTrack fields, but then I saw you had mapped them to the existing Language field. Nice! It's only about an hour's work to copy and paste the tags to existing .iso entries and remove the imported .mpl entries. And using the Tag Action Window means I can see every tag that has a value in one window without scrolling. Only one last question: is it possible to widen the Field Name pane in the Tag Action Window to see some of the longer tag names completely?
I hope there are more DVD Profiler users that will make use of this, it's great.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up