INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Description pop-up. Can I edit what's in it?  (Read 1128 times)

Landozelig

• Recent member
Description pop-up. Can I edit what's in it?
« on: March 01, 2013, 10:48:46 am »

I love that when I mouse over a movie or TV show that it shows me a lot of information about it in a pop-up. Is there any way I can edit or add to the information shown in the pop-up?

I would love to see the air date displayed for TV shows. I'd also like to see 'streams' information in there. What I mean by 'streams' information is when I'm playing a movie and right click and select 'streams', it tells me the audio is 'DTS 5.1 [eng] (dts, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 1536 kb/s)'

Can someone tell me if this is at all possible and if so just kind of point me in the general direction and then I can figure it out. Thanks.

yannis

• World Citizen
Re: Description pop-up. Can I edit what's in it?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:30:52 am »

If you right click on the header of a column, you will see a drop down list. These are all new columns that you can add in MC. When you place the cursor in a cell, pressing f2 lets you edit the content in most cases. I suggest you add the columns you want and read the wiki about basic functions.

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 11:32:30 am »

Hi,

As far as I know, you can sort of customize the popup by editing the following tags for your movies (Edit -> Tags):

Description: a description (synopsis) of the movie
Actors:
Director:
Screenwriter:

I am not aware of any other way to customize the popup beyond this. But, well, MC has so many features that some other "interacter" might know better,

hope it helps in the meantime..

ciao,

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 11:46:52 am »

Interestingly a little search shows that it is a frequently requested feature.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77598.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73827.msg500820#msg500820
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67454.0

Right now the JRiver crew is hot on another topic. It might be a nice addition for the future.

Best.

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

vagskal

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:07:30 pm »

What you ask for is currently not possible.

In a thumbnails view you can change the thumbnail text to show almost anything you want, on multiple lines if you so desire.

In a file list details view you can sort of make your own pop up. Add an expression column and make that as narrow as possible. In the expression editor you can add almost anything you want to show, even new lines. Hover over that column and a pop up is shown with the info entered in the expression editor.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:24:54 pm »

I would love to see the air date displayed for TV shows. I'd also like to see 'streams' information in there. What I mean by 'streams' information is when I'm playing a movie and right click and select 'streams', it tells me the audio is 'DTS 5.1 [eng] (dts, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 1536 kb/s)'

+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up