INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchased some new toys! and a ? about playlists  (Read 617 times)

Bobj

Purchased some new toys! and a ? about playlists
« on: April 06, 2002, 05:55:59 am »

In a moment of weakness on the internet a couple of weeks ago I made two separate purchases of new toys for myself.  I purchased a SlimX CD/FM/MP3 player and a set of Etymotic ER-4P ear buds.

The SlimX is really neat.  It's only 17mm thick and comes with a tiny wired remote with LCD for controlling the player.  I believe there is over 20Hrs of play time when the batteries are fully charged.  The firmware in the player is upgradable.  The ER-4Ps sound awsome!  They fit in your ears and block out surrounding noise.  I can listen to my music and hear every note.  Some people may find them uncomfortable to wear but I can tolerate them better than over the ear headphones.  My head always feels like it's in a vise when I wear conventional headphones.  With the Etys you are basically alone with your music.  Jewel is whispering into my brain right now... Fantastic!

The player supports WinAmp playlists which I can export using MJ.  However I'm a little confused at how to do this.  I don't mean that I don't understand the MJ interface.  What I mean is that I think I'd have to copy the files I want to burn onto a cd, to a new location on the hard drive.  Then use MJ to create playlists referencing the music in the new folder.  BUT, I don't want to mess up my existing library entries and after the CD and Playlists are burned, I'd like to delete them leaving my original libraries intact.  I'm a little unsure at how to accomplish this.  Do I import the music from the temporary directory first?  If so, how do I get rid of it when I'm fininshed?  Anyone else ever do anything like this?

Thanks
bj

Now that
Pages: [1]   Go Up