INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ8 & Visualizations: G-Force...?  (Read 830 times)

chaznet

• World Citizen
MJ8 & Visualizations: G-Force...?
« on: April 05, 2002, 04:54:02 pm »

IMHO -- G-Force (http://www.55ware.com/gforce/index.html) is to visualizations what MJ8 is to media players: nothing compares to either.  Is it possible to get the WinAmp G-Force visualization plug-in to work with MJ8?  The visualizations that come with MJ8 are sort of 'ugly' after watching G-Force...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:MJ8 & Visualizations: G-Force...?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2002, 05:56:57 pm »

Nothing like scoring some points with the developers to get them to do something for you.

But to answer your question...

MJ does not support Winamp Visualizations. If you want a Winamp vis to run under MJ, you'll need to contact the author of that vis and ask them to port it to MJ.

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2002, 06:23:58 pm »

Darn...  there's a standalone version which works if I set the input to 'mixer'.  If you haven't seen it, take a look -- almost as nice as the Florida Keys pics at your site.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2002, 06:27:19 am »

I took a look at some of the screenshots and it is nice. But not as nice as Milkdrop (My pet Winamp vis - that I also tried to get MJ to support AND the author to port over), IMO. I don't know if you've seen Milkdrop yet, but it's really nice and runs really fast, even in fullscreen mode. It's probably the only reason I still have Winamp installed. What I've been doing is creating a playlist in MJ, then exporting it to .m3u and then dragging that onto Winamp. It's a nice enough compromise, I guess. I get the library management of MJ and the vis of Winamp. Of course, I'm not about to give up on my quest to get Milkdrop (and Geiss) ported over to MJ. Next Page

Thanks for the comment on my pictures. I've got a lot more that I haven't had a chance to scan yet. I don't have a scanner, unfortunately. Not sure where I'd put one even if I got one. Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up