INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Receiver RGB ouput  (Read 2022 times)

vroom

• Recent member
Receiver RGB ouput
« on: March 04, 2013, 11:11:55 am »

I'm attempting to match up RGB output settings across all of my devices prior to calibrating the new TV. Is there a way to tell what the HDMI out of my Pioneer VSX 1022K is sending my TV? (0-255 or 16-235)? Right now I am using the buggy Intel HD4000 but that will soon change as a discreete HD 7770 is on the way.

On another note, when restarting a paused movie a restart of the receiver is the only way to get the sound back (video plays fine). Anyone else experience this?

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Receiver RGB ouput
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:09:04 pm »

On the first note - there might be an engineer or service menu on your tv that might tell you.

Second note - probably a hdmi handshake issue. Windows probably thinks the audio card has 'disappeared' and defaults to something else. Try the windows 'detect displays' function (Win key+D maybe. I can't quite remember) and then trying again. You might have to reselect the audio output device. TBH when this happens to me I usually end up rebooting the amp and PC. Another possible fix is a dongle on the hdmi cable to 'persist' the hdcp/edid (hdmi detective type device) but they are quite expensive and might not work.

SBR 
Pages: [1]   Go Up