INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8 is now iPaq compatible!  (Read 621 times)

Steve

MJ 8 is now iPaq compatible!
« on: April 05, 2002, 05:39:00 am »

There is a new Plug-in posted that will support connecting to the Compaq PA-1. It is possible (probable?) that this will work for the PA-2, but if someone can confirm this, that would be great.

I have tested the Plug-in succesfully with 98 and ME. To get this to work, I needed to install the Rio Audio Manager that shipped with the PA-1 so that I could get the correct drivers installed.  With my PA-1 I received a handy card that notified me that I must install drivers from a separte CD for 2000 compatibility. However, I did not receive the CD and was not successful in getting this to run on 2000 with the CD they did ship. Rioport Audio Manager also failed. When I went to Compaq's website, I found a user on their forum who was having identical problems, but no responses from Compaq. There was a driver update, but this did not work for me or for Rioport or for the user who was posting the complaint.

If anyone knows of how to find working 2000 drivers, please post or email me.  Also, if anyone finds any bugs or has suggestions for improving the Plug-in interface, please email me at steve@jriver.com or post something here.

Thanks,

Steve

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:MJ 8 is now iPaq compatible!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2002, 06:02:36 am »

Steve - great work. I'll give this a try over the weekend. I think the update for W2K is here... http://www.compaq.com/athome/support/internetdevices/ipaq-pa1.html
Namaste,
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up