INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will MC18 get the TV guide updates we have been asking for? (UPDATES MADE!)  (Read 12824 times)

Samson

• Galactic Citizen

If the guide used the last played channel as the current location you would get this...

I use the core command with a 9 parameter "/mcc 30002,9" so that live TV defaults to channel number 9. The default 0 parameter doesnt do anything. Apparently in the past, a -1 option or +1 or no parameter (left blank) played  last channel watched but none of these parameters achieve this for  me.

If the overall TV interface was as slick as the music side of MC, the Wife/Family acceptance factor would be through the roof.I'm a music lover and high-end audio buff but the fact is we watch more TV than listen to music (more's the pity).I recently bought a roku box and the family is in love with it. I would happily pay double the price for MC if it added WMC or MythTV TV/PVR functionality and the streaming apps like Roku does it. MC Audio side is already fantastic. MC audio and overall top quality, MythTV PVR, Roku streaming internet TV (plus a record function)....The holy grail of truly definitive Media centers.

Still, very appreciative of the recent TV improvements.  ;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

@Guide location
When you return to Theater View, the guide should be in the same position as you left it (and it is for me).

Is the problem when you watch, then change channels, and return that you want it at the new channel?

Or is the problem that if enough time passes and you return, it's not where you left it?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team

Matt,

The problem is that if I turn my Tv on at say 11am, and it's on one channel all day, then at say 6pm I hit the Guide button, when I go back to the guide it's still showing 11am. I either have to scroll through to current time or exit the guide and go back in...

I suppose this ties in with auto scrolling of guide in the background...

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen

yes i agree although i would never go back to microsoft mce. jriver wins hands down in picture quality, audio performance . The only thing that needs improving is the tv guide side of things.

CountryBumkin

Matt,

The problem is that if I turn my Tv on at say 11am, and it's on one channel all day, then at say 6pm I hit the Guide button, when I go back to the guide it's still showing 11am. I either have to scroll through to current time or exit the guide and go back in...

This has been reported before. In my opinion this (auto advance/scroll) is the next "big fix" needed for TV. The TV stuff has really come along way in MC18. Nice work.

Sandy B Ridge

Matt,

Fixed in 18.0.187 and later. The EPG view in theaterview refreshes when you stop TV now.

Thanks Matt.

SBR

PS. The cursor isn't always on the same channel when the View updates. 

CountryBumkin

Fixed in 18.0.187 and later. The EPG view in theaterview refreshes when you stop TV now.

Thanks Matt.

SBR

PS. The cursor isn't always on the same channel when the View updates. 

Baby steps. We're getting there - a step at a time!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up