INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Add/Edit Video Metadata?  (Read 1234 times)

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
How to Add/Edit Video Metadata?
« on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:38 am »

After importing various videos, MC grouped them into movies/shows according to its own rules, or possibly metadata already in the files. How do I go about creating my own or changed them so what I know/think documentary or comedy, lists in the right categories?

yannis

• World Citizen
Re: How to Add/Edit Video Metadata?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:59:59 am »

If you have a standard naming scheme for your files, you could import this info with right click>Library Tools>Fill Properties from Filename.

Then you can select your files and right click>Get Movie Info to collect the available data. This process is called scraping.

You can select if you want existing values to be overwritten.

Keep in mind that this is a very rudimentary, non customizable tool; it often picks up the wrong link for a movie, so you need to check afterwards. You can correct the mistakes by updating these entries one by one.

You can search the forum for "Scraping" to find more info about it.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:22:25 am »

You'll have to select the media, and tag them. You can do this in the lists if you have have added the right columns. If not, you can edit all values in the Action windows -> Tag. Remember to click the little icon in the top corner of the window, to show more tags. As Yannis mentions, you can also scrape info from tvdb and tmdb. But this is not customizable. You can change values afterwards though.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:54:50 am »

Thank you both for your helpful responses. Still a bit cludgy and it would certainly be simpler if we could just select various files, right-click to a menu option "edit tags/metadata" and then make global changes to groups of files this way. Still a great product, but many things could still be improved. :)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:02:19 am »

Thank you both for your helpful responses. Still a bit cludgy and it would certainly be simpler if we could just select various files, right-click to a menu option "edit tags/metadata" and then make global changes to groups of files this way. Still a great product, but many things could still be improved. :)

You can do this. Select the files you want to bulk edit-> Alt+Enter->Change the fields that you want applied to all of the selected files.

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 05:44:05 pm »

DANG! Slicker than crap through a Goose! Thanks kindly Bryan!

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 02:57:08 am »

Remember that you also have auto import rules. This lets you tag most things upon import, in bulk. That might drop of some hours of tagging. If you KNOW that content of that folder always will be a certain media type for example, it can be a time saver to do this with auto import rule. Carnac does not hit goal all the time, even though it's pretty accurate in most cases.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up