INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Green Button, Special Circumstance  (Read 1480 times)

pmcgarr

• Recent member
Green Button, Special Circumstance
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:12:09 am »

I have a bit of a “special situation” and I am looking for some advice.  I use Windows Media Center as a backend DVR solution because I use a cable card tuner that is not supported by JRiver MC.  Because of that, I need the Windows Media Center recording and scheduling services to run in the background all the time, and I need access to the Windows Media center UI for setting up recordings.  This is all fine and well, but here is my issue:

I need to figure out what to do about the green button on my remote.  Because of my situation, I can’t use the commonly recommended method of option under Theater Options to disable Windows Media Center.  I would love to know if there are any ways other than disabling windows Media Center to get the green button to work for JRiver MC.  Any thoughts?  I am glad to jump through some hoops.  Worst case, even if I can’t the green button to function with JRiver MC, I would like to disable it altogether so we don’t keep accidentally launching Windows Media Center.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick_RT

• Recent member
Re: Green Button, Special Circumstance
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 02:37:35 pm »

You could try looking at LL Remote KeyMap.  I've used it to re-assign commands from a WMC remote, including the green button.

I don't use WMC myself (only JRiver MC18) so I can't guarantee it'll work for you but worth a try perhaps.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pmcgarr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 07:04:56 pm »

Thank you all for the suggestions.  I am looking into them all.

pmcgarr

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 05:05:26 am »

I tried Eventghost and LM Remote Keymap, in that order actually.  I have a feeling that Eventghost is capable of more, but I must admit that I was totally confused when I launched it and had no idea what to do to set it up.  Granted I didn't give it much of a chance.  I was willing to take on the learning curve but I wanted to check out LM Remote Keymap and I am glad I did.  LM Remote is very intuitive.  I was able to put some logic into the green button literally in 10 minutes once I had LM Remote installed.  Works beautifully for that.  In fact, I feel empowered now to do other customizations to my remote because it is so easy to do so.

Anyway, very happy with LM Remote Keymap.  Thanks Rick, for pointing it out.  Thank you all for your suggestions.

Rick_RT

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 11:11:13 am »

A pleasure!  I'm glad to hear that you found LM Remote Keymap useful.  Since purchasing J River in December I had been searching for an intuitive solution to re-map my WMC remote.  Specifically the green button but with the ability to make other customizations.  I too took a look at Eventghost but quickly gave up as I just found it so confusing.  I stumbled accross LM by chance but am really pleased with how intuitive it is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up