INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible bug in Gizmo? Albums with the same name "clash"  (Read 1652 times)

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
Possible bug in Gizmo? Albums with the same name "clash"
« on: February 28, 2013, 02:07:07 pm »

When browsing albums in Gizmo, albums with identical names ("Greatest Hits" for example) are sort of overlayed in Gizmo. Am I missing something, have I tweaked something the wrong way or is this actually not supposed to happen?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Possible bug in Gizmo? Albums with the same name "clash"
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:03:12 pm »

In MC go to tools/options/media network/advanced/customize views for gizmo & webgizmo and highlight album under audio then add artist under album on the right
restart server then when there are multiple albums with the same name you will get a list of artist with an album by that name.
Sean

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:39:07 am »

Thanks! It works much better then before, when clicking the "overlaid album" i get two or more albums to choose from instead of a track list with first one and then the other.

But it's still strange. My favorite view is newly imported albums and when I have a newly imported album, named for example "Greatest hits", all albums - including all imported a looong time ago - pops up in this position. Odd thing is that within MC's normal interface it all works exactly like I want and expect. But copying the working view to DLNA, there  it shows older albums too.

csimon

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 09:09:17 am »

Gizmo doesn't use DLNA, you need to copy your standard view into "Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo"

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 06:00:04 am »

Gizmo doesn't use DLNA, you need to copy your standard view into "Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo"

Oh, I know, I always copy all my views to both DLNA and Gizmo. It's a bit of a hassle TBH  ::) :P ;D Sorry for being unclear when writing about both Gizmo and DLNA as being the same thing. I use them sort of interchangeble in different scenarios at home.

The "older-albums-with-the-same-name-are-shown-together-with-the-new-album"-problem is both in Gizmo and DLNA. And not within MC with the identical views used.

csimon

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 06:13:39 am »

What view is it exactly that you are using?  MC has a built-in Smart Playlist that lists newly imported items, are you using that? I think there is an option somewhere that defines when older items drop off this list. Or is there another pre-configured view for this?

If it is a view you have constructed yourself, what does it contain and how have you stopped older albums appearing on the list? Then are you sure those conditions have copied across correctly into Gizmo views?  Could you post a screengrab of the definition of the view in Gizmo?

If it's a question of MC mixing up albums with the same name again, perhaps the Artist item needs adding soemwhere in your newly-imported view too?

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 10:37:48 am »

What view is it exactly that you are using?  MC has a built-in Smart Playlist that lists newly imported items, are you using that? I think there is an option somewhere that defines when older items drop off this list. Or is there another pre-configured view for this?

If it is a view you have constructed yourself, what does it contain and how have you stopped older albums appearing on the list? Then are you sure those conditions have copied across correctly into Gizmo views?  Could you post a screengrab of the definition of the view in Gizmo?

If it's a question of MC mixing up albums with the same name again, perhaps the Artist item needs adding soemwhere in your newly-imported view too?

To check I did a factory-"Reset" on all the views in Gizmo. Then I surfed into Gizmo and chose "Recent" and browsed my albums. Not long ago I added an album named "Home". But in the Recent section this album is overlayed with two other albums named "Home" that are not recent at all. All the tracks in one pile.

csimon

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 12:00:00 pm »

I think Recent refers to tracks you have recently played, not albums recently imported.

If Albums are still being "overlaid" then it's a tagging problem and/or the way views are set up.  Check the tags in your files, especially Album, Artist and Album Artist, then check the view configurations. MC should not group albums together if they have different titles and artists.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 07:01:32 am »

I think Recent refers to tracks you have recently played, not albums recently imported.

If Albums are still being "overlaid" then it's a tagging problem and/or the way views are set up.  Check the tags in your files, especially Album, Artist and Album Artist, then check the view configurations. MC should not group albums together if they have different titles and artists.

That's the odd thing. My files are very carefully tagged with artist, album artist, year, genre, album name plus embedded album cover, track RG and album RG. Plus track number and track name of course.

And plus using the default view that comes with MC factory installed.

So the view is kosher and the tags are kosher. But I still get albums overlaid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up