INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 263416 times)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #450 on: September 30, 2013, 01:21:34 pm »

Just for info, I have an ipad 4/iOS7, MC 19.0.45 under win7  - absolutely no problems what so ever. I also have an iphone 4 (not the S) running iOS6 -- also no problems at all (its a hell of a lot slower than my new ipad but I expected that.

There must be a common denominator for the people who are experiencing problems, non? ?

csimon

« Reply #451 on: September 30, 2013, 01:26:14 pm »

FWIW I have a 1st gen iPad iOS5.1 with the current version of MC19 and JRemote, and no problems as described. Recently, it doesn't connect first time when opened even when the server is up and running but I just tap on the server and it then connects. I've not had dropout problems or persistent non-connection.

Bigredmachine

• Recent member
« Reply #452 on: September 30, 2013, 08:03:40 pm »

Hey folks, does this ap require a plugin on the server side as well to communicate?  If so, where is that plugin located?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #453 on: September 30, 2013, 08:17:56 pm »

No, no plug-in.  Just enable Tools > Options > Media Network in Media Center.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #454 on: September 30, 2013, 09:35:20 pm »

I have lost contact with JR River . I recently upgraded to a Samsung 1 tb Eva with Magician set for max performance . Can this be an issue?

The program sees my devices on the network (MC 1945).

Ipad 2 ios7.

cedricomar

• Recent member
« Reply #455 on: October 04, 2013, 01:28:08 am »

Hi,
I've recently added some flac files to my library which were previously mp3 files (ie albums re-ripped).  In jriver I have deleted the mp3 files from the library, however, JRemote is still picking up the old mp3 files and not the new flac files.

I deleted and reinstalled the app but this had no effect.

Any ideas how I can get jremote to see the library files only?

Thanks

pcstockton

« Reply #456 on: October 04, 2013, 11:57:21 am »

Did you rerun auto-import? restart the server?
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

sunfire7

« Reply #457 on: October 04, 2013, 02:12:34 pm »

As usual it's an amazing app.  I am having only a couple of issues:

1) Server is sleep, Iphone/Ipad on local network, I open JRemote, I hear server wake up because of JRemote's WOL, but after some seconds JRemote gives up and doesn't connect.  Sometimes it does connect, most of the times don't. May I suggest increase the waiting time for server to wake up? Or maybe an option in server config to increase time.

2) Gapless works perfect with FLAC files without transcoding, but when transcoding is enabled, and listening to the same album, there is a gap between songs.  Tested 64,128 and 320kbps.

3)When playing to "this device" on Ipad's playing now window, the volume always shows 0% regardless of the state of the volume bar. This also happens in the bottom control bar when browsing the library.

4) When streaming I get the info:

Flac: "Streaming FLAC, 44100Hz, Stereo, 16 Bits"
Mp3: "Streaming MP3, 44100Hz, Stereo, 32bit"
Aac: "Streaming Core Audio, 44100hz, Stereo, 32bit"

I don't get the bitrate of the file, which in my opinion is an important value to show.

5) In the left panel of Ipad's interface, I can't scroll to the end of the list inside the audio category.

6) May I suggest sending a WOL to global address as well? I'd love to be able to wake up and connect to my server when I'm on 3G somewhere else.
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

freebiscuits

• Recent member
« Reply #458 on: October 04, 2013, 06:52:11 pm »

Hi Lespaul, and thank for the reply!

What happens to me is that there is a small gap exactly at the -10s mark at the end of a track. The gap can be anywhere from a 10th of a second to very close to a full second; this is regardless of whether or not the track is gapless. In a gapless album, there will be an additional "tick" at the start of the next track (this I can live with!).

95% of my tracks are FLAC. Some are high definition, most are 16/44.1, and the problem occurs regardless of the compression format. Also, I have tried with all three transcoding choices, and with no transcoding. I have deleted the and reinstalled the app, restarted my computer and router, deleted old DLNA servers and added the generic one (voodoo science, but why not!) all to no avail ...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Problem solved with update to ver. 2.42

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #459 on: October 04, 2013, 10:02:10 pm »

Still not getting anything over 44k out of the ipad1.
I have the camera connection kit connected to the amazing HRT Microstreamer, however, despite JRemote playing the 24/96 file, the output fomr the ipad1's dock is only 44k.
I have been in contact with Kevin Halverson CTO over at HRT, who says this:-

"The configuration of the player (the side running on the iPad) is either not correctly configured or can't overcome the basic limitations of the iPad's native audio interface.  I am familiar with JRiver as a media player and have used other remote control applications, but never this client / server version on an iDevice.

Are there 'settings' that you can access on the iPad?  This is most definitely a host side issue (iPad in this case) as any USB host / device pairing is strictly under the control of the host side for things like sample rate and bit depth control.  The Microstreamer, running as a USB device simply indicates (using its LEDs) what it is presented.  No USB device can effect this aspect, it is slaved to the host."

Hoping someone can weigh in and tell me if indeed JRemote with an iPad1 is capable of outputting 24/96 hi rez audio and if so, how?

pcstockton

« Reply #460 on: October 05, 2013, 01:43:48 am »

Hoping someone can weigh in and tell me if indeed JRemote with an iPad1 is capable of outputting 24/96 hi rez audio and if so, how?

Maybe you should check with Apple to get the specs of that old iPad.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #461 on: October 05, 2013, 11:52:59 am »

Maybe you should check with Apple to get the specs of that old iPad.

Meaning?

pcstockton

« Reply #462 on: October 05, 2013, 12:19:29 pm »

Meaning?

"[if] Pad1 is capable of outputting 24/96 hi rez audio and if so, how?"

Who else to tell you about the iPad's specifications?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #463 on: October 05, 2013, 12:26:44 pm »

The recent stability and interface improvements have been much appreciated!

There are two features I'm hoping get added soon.

1. Smartlist refreshing. I would like to a way to manually refresh smartlists like pulling down a lists or lists and 'rebounding' it. Right now I'm not sure how jremote refreshes them, but it's not often enough for me.

2.  On the fly transcoded video playback on my ipad. I have ripped mkv blu rays that I'd like to play back without keeping an extra transcoded copy.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #464 on: October 05, 2013, 12:32:02 pm »

"[if] Pad1 is capable of outputting 24/96 hi rez audio and if so, how?"

Who else to tell you about the iPad's specifications?

The hardware is more than capable, the iOS was originally crippling the output, but that was solved a few years ago.
A note from a Head-Fi user back in 2011:-

"Using an iPad 1
iOS 4.3.3
iTunes 10.3.1 (55)
Yeah, this is kinda a big deal. Transportable 24-bit playback with a $30 adapter (and likely AC powered USB hub)."

So my question is has anyone else got this working using JRemote, an iPad and a USB DAC and if so how?
As Kevin Halverson (the really helpful CTO of HRT) said, its a setting issue or an app issue (and more than likely a user issue!)...

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #465 on: October 06, 2013, 09:50:24 am »

Hi there,

Love the updates to JREmote which is my favorite IPad app to date!!

2 issues -

1 - I am unable to listen to radio stations on the IPAD as I get an error (audio streaming error - There was a problem playing the current audio file).

2 - only MP4 Videos will play to the IPAD.  I was under the impression that MC19 could transcode to a DLNA device so why not to an IPAD?  Take a look at Airvideo which I have to use for watching video.   I would prefer to simply use one program both for music and video.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Dave

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #466 on: October 06, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »

Anyone else notice that JRemote is painfully slow to bring back images on iOS 7?

I uninstalled and reinstalled JRemote.  I've reset my iPad 3, nothing helps.

Gizmo is speedy, so it's not my MC box.

cedricomar

• Recent member
« Reply #467 on: October 06, 2013, 11:55:49 pm »

Did you rerun auto-import? restart the server?

Yes I did and it didn't work at that time hence coming to the forum, however, thought I would do full shutdown on computer, and then did it again, and reinstalled the app, and all working now.

Thank you

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #468 on: October 07, 2013, 10:11:57 am »

Anyone else notice that JRemote is painfully slow to bring back images on iOS 7?

I uninstalled and reinstalled JRemote.  I've reset my iPad 3, nothing helps.

Gizmo is speedy, so it's not my MC box.

Never mind it seems to be something to do with the iPad and my wireless network.  On LTE the images come up speedy.

pcstockton

« Reply #469 on: October 07, 2013, 01:02:43 pm »

So my question is has anyone else got this working using JRemote, an iPad and a USB DAC and if so how?
As Kevin Halverson (the really helpful CTO of HRT) said, its a setting issue or an app issue (and more than likely a user issue!)...

I will plug in my Ipad(3) tonight and see if I can pass through 24-96.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #470 on: October 08, 2013, 07:08:46 am »

Thank you for all the feedback guys.

It seems that some of the lost connection issues are related to iOS7. I am currently checking into this.
I will continue to release small fixes to take care of the bugs. No new features will be added just yet.

For the last three versions I have been logging all crashes from all users. Kind of scary but very helpful.
There is still a lot of crashes related to the streaming engine and iOS7. Seems like this is finally fixed for the next release.

Although I don`t reply to all comments, I read them all and will try to include improvements where possible.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #471 on: October 08, 2013, 07:55:51 am »

Here is what I am currently seeing/experiencing with connections.   Fire up the Music Server, JRiver starts and then I connect with JRemote.  First time connection for JRemote is fine. 

Latest version 2.42 acted a little better last night when playing a tune, minimizing JRemote while doing other things on the iPad, coming back to JRemote, connected back up "most" of the time.

When I come back to JRemote and have problems connecting back up (lose Thumbnail, shows song 1 of 0), I try to connect about three or four times.  If not connected I kill JRemote, and then start it again, and it connects first time.

So for me it seems to be when it was already connected, put in the background, then bring it back to foreground is when I get connection issues.   When connecting a fresh JRemote, app seems to work fine.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #472 on: October 08, 2013, 10:31:21 pm »

I will plug in my Ipad(3) tonight and see if I can pass through 24-96.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Ian M

• Recent member
« Reply #473 on: October 09, 2013, 04:40:40 am »

I think I am correct in saying that the only way you can see long track names in full is via the tag view. I would like the option of sliding aside the cover art on the now playing screen so that full track names are visible. Hope this makes sense.
Thanks.

pcstockton

« Reply #474 on: October 09, 2013, 10:53:47 pm »

Thanks, appreciate the help.

No dice.

iPad3, iOS7, 24-96 verified in JRemote. No "HD" light on my Naim DAC (which entails 96K or better).  I tried 5 albums from HDTracks @ 24-96 and 2 @ 24-192.

It is still not outputting anything over 24-88.2 at best.  Anything over that will register on my DAC.

Sorry for the bad news.
Patrick

mantis07

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #475 on: October 10, 2013, 09:39:31 am »

any idea why Artist - Album always displays like it does in the attachment and also why it always says Various, Multiple Albums when the tags are exactly correct and all the same for any given album? It does this with every song/album I have. It's always displayed this way actually.

thanks

MrC

« Reply #476 on: October 10, 2013, 09:53:23 am »

any idea why Artist - Album always displays like it does in the attachment and also why it always says Various, Multiple Albums when the tags are exactly correct and all the same for any given album? It does this with every song/album I have. It's always displayed this way actually.
For that Album, view it under a Standard View.  Show the file list and select all the files in the album.  Open the Tag Action Window, and show fields for:

Album
   Artist
   Album Artist
   Album Artist (auto)
   Filename (path)

Paste a screenshot of that Tag Action Window showing those values.

mantis07

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #477 on: October 10, 2013, 10:04:56 am »

is this what you mean?

thanks

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #478 on: October 10, 2013, 10:22:47 am »

No dice.

iPad3, iOS7, 24-96 verified in JRemote. No "HD" light on my Naim DAC (which entails 96K or better).  I tried 5 albums from HDTracks @ 24-96 and 2 @ 24-192.

It is still not outputting anything over 24-88.2 at best.  Anything over that will register on my DAC.

Sorry for the bad news.
Patrick

Thanks for testing this.
I actually feel better as this now narrows it down to a software and not a hardware issue.
lespaul any idea on this - as I quoted previously, the ipad hardware IS capable of outputting 24/96 hi rez files - see notes from Kevin Halverson from HRT in my previous post.

Also, here's another note over on InnerFidelity.com from 2011 (http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audiophile-play-ipad)

"The iPad (and iPad 2 obviously) with current iOS and a CCK will pair with many USB DACs, though still not all of them. And the prior sample rate limitation of 48kHz has been removed --- you can easily play 24-bit/96kHz audio, "

Appreciate the time & consideration.

MrC

« Reply #479 on: October 10, 2013, 10:24:34 am »

is this what you mean?

The album looks good.

I'm seeing some random behavior here too.  It appears that the Album Artist (auto) value is not being used, or the wrong value is being used.  I'm looking at a compilation album in JRemote now, and it is showing the Artist to be the artist from the first track (and not Multiple Artists as I would have expected).

csimon

« Reply #480 on: October 10, 2013, 11:30:30 am »

thanks

I have the same Various/Multiple Albums problem on the occasional album, when actually it's not. I think I reported it many moons ago, but I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it.

pcstockton

« Reply #481 on: October 10, 2013, 02:14:21 pm »

"The iPad (and iPad 2 obviously) with current iOS and a CCK will pair with many USB DACs, though still not all of them. And the prior sample rate limitation of 48kHz has been removed --- you can easily play 24-bit/96kHz audio, "

Appreciate the time & consideration.

I am not so sure it is a software limitation.  The iPad receives 24-96 but cannot pass it along.  I still think it is a hardware limitation of the iPad.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #482 on: October 11, 2013, 10:26:58 am »

I am not so sure it is a software limitation.  The iPad receives 24-96 but cannot pass it along.  I still think it is a hardware limitation of the iPad.

No - its definitely software - Did you to take a look at the links I posted?  (There are many many more posts on sites such as Head-Fi too)
People have been getting 24/96 out of the ipad since 2011.

Anyone else on here with access to a DAC willing to test this?

(I guess I'll have to post over on Head-Fi and see if they have answers and post back here).

pcstockton

« Reply #483 on: October 11, 2013, 07:06:59 pm »

No - its definitely software - Did you to take a look at the links I posted?  (There are many many more posts on sites such as Head-Fi too)
People have been getting 24/96 out of the ipad since 2011.

Anyone else on here with access to a DAC willing to test this?

(I guess I'll have to post over on Head-Fi and see if they have answers and post back here).

It looks like you need the camera kit.  Everything you have posted mentions that.  I dont have one so cannot test it.

Also it sounds like there is no real consensus on what works and what doesn't according to the links I followed.  Still dont think it is a JRemote thing.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #484 on: October 11, 2013, 09:53:14 pm »

It looks like you need the camera kit.  Everything you have posted mentions that.  I dont have one so cannot test it.

Also it sounds like there is no real consensus on what works and what doesn't according to the links I followed.  Still dont think it is a JRemote thing.
Thanks for the test anyway...
Yeah you do need camera kit and yes people have got 24/96 from the iPad.  That is very clear - even Benchmark Audio (they make high-end DACs) confirm it.

Hoping lespaul (or anyone else that has hi rez files, an ipad and cck) can chime in...
(although it does now look like the majority of people left on this thread are less audiophile and more into the streaming of video etc...)

If the ipad couldn't play them, then I dont see the point of jremote streaming full 24/96 files across wifi to the ipad if its going to downsample anyway - may as well just convert and downsample at the PC/Mac and save the bandwidth and processor strain.

pcstockton

« Reply #485 on: October 11, 2013, 10:22:09 pm »

i will buy a camera cable tomorrow and see what's what.  Do you not have one?

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #486 on: October 12, 2013, 10:50:20 am »

Does JRiver have a way to display the programming guide? It would be useful to schedule TV programs without turning on the display.

Is there a way to delete programs from the library after viewing them? I have to delete programs directly from the PC, which is not always convenient.

How can I get the recording date to be displayed on a list of TV shows? When there a multiple choices for a single show it is difficult to select a specific show. I noticed that later episodes seem to be listed earlier but sometime I need more information before I can make a selection.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #487 on: October 12, 2013, 11:26:45 am »

i will buy a camera cable tomorrow and see what's what.  Do you not have one?

Yes I have one, thats what I'm confused about : the hardware is capable, I've connected using the CCK, I have updated the Microstreamer firmware (to allow it to connect to low power devices without a powered hub) and yet the output from JRemote is still not 24/96?

Initially I was hoping someone would tell me "oh yes you just need to click button X in settings on the PC Server side" for this to work, it seemed that simple an issue...like I said earlier, I'm assuming 'user error' here...

(btw - I have a number of varying resolution files 88khz, 192khz and its the same with them all)

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #488 on: October 13, 2013, 10:52:24 am »

How do I get JRemote, during a movie, to display a large progress bar?  I am hoping that having a larger progress bar will allow a slower scroll back and forward (at the moment it jumps 1-2 minutes or more with each tick forward or backward).  When my wife wants to re-hear something it sucks having to scroll back so far to hear that last sentence over again.

Thanks!
Windows 10 Enterprise on Samsung SSD
16GB RAM
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (3.30GHZ)
GeForce NVIDA 1650 SUPER 4GB Video Card
Seagate EXOS 16TB Enterprise Drive for Movies
Pioneer Internal Blu Ray Burner/Drive
Exasound e28 DAC / ASIO Soundcard

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #489 on: October 16, 2013, 12:41:06 pm »

Thank you for all the feedback guys.

It seems that some of the lost connection issues are related to iOS7. I am currently checking into this.
I will continue to release small fixes to take care of the bugs. No new features will be added just yet.

For the last three versions I have been logging all crashes from all users. Kind of scary but very helpful.
There is still a lot of crashes related to the streaming engine and iOS7. Seems like this is finally fixed for the next release.

Although I don`t reply to all comments, I read them all and will try to include improvements where possible.

FWIW, your app is the main reason I've stayed with MC.  It's awesome!

pcstockton

« Reply #490 on: October 16, 2013, 09:42:11 pm »

How do I get JRemote, during a movie, to display a large progress bar?  I am hoping that having a larger progress bar will allow a slower scroll back and forward (at the moment it jumps 1-2 minutes or more with each tick forward or backward).  When my wife wants to re-hear something it sucks having to scroll back so far to hear that last sentence over again.

Thanks!

Use your actual remote for this.  Seek back/forward works like a charm.

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #491 on: October 17, 2013, 10:46:26 am »

Is there an issue with jr remote using windows 8.1 for jrmc 19 and ios7?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #492 on: October 18, 2013, 03:22:21 am »

thanks

The reason for this is that there is currently no comparison of artist and album names when using custom views or playlists.
It was initially done this way for performance reasons, but I now have a faster way to compare values.
I will fix this for the next small release.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #493 on: October 18, 2013, 09:07:27 am »

In IOS7 I have set the Background Apps to be "ON"   This has helped with trhe connection when coming back to JRemote when it is minimized (background).   Most of the time when maximizing JRemote, I will get Track 1 of 0 but then it connects back up.   There are still the couple times where it will not connect and I just kill the JRemote app and restart it.   Most of the time it reconnects first time, but sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts.

One key I noticed on when to Kill the App and reopen - when you go to connect and you get the Network Connection failure box right away (for 2 or 3 times in a row), it is time to kill and reopen.

farreln

• Recent member
« Reply #494 on: October 18, 2013, 09:59:17 am »

My podcasts show up (under Podcasts) and play in Media Center 19 and JRemote sees and plays my audio files - FLAC, mp3 and so on. However, Podcast view in JRemote is empty. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do? Thanks!

Denti

« Reply #495 on: October 18, 2013, 06:39:08 pm »

I'd still like to know how to get the A-Z browser scroll to work properly for me. Because my artists are sorted by last name, but displayed first name first, these letters don't help me to skip through my collection, nice thy spear only to be linked to first letters (in my case, first names). This is frustrating.

Can I alter the settings for this?

Please, I've asked a few times before, but with no responses.

pcstockton

« Reply #496 on: October 18, 2013, 09:17:47 pm »

Firstly, just out of curiosity, why do you prefer last name first?

Are your tags actually labelled as "Last Name, First Name" or are they "First Name Last Name" and you have MC sort them by last name?

I think JRemote goes off of the actual tags, not your sort order in MC.

JRemote can emulate views (i think), but probably not sort order (guessing).

Maybe try actually re-tagging an album artist as "Patton, Mike" and see how JRemote shows that.

If you really prefer this view, why not re-tag all artists this fashion?

-Patrick

Denti

« Reply #497 on: October 19, 2013, 08:03:44 am »

Firstly, just out of curiosity, why do you prefer last name first?

Because it's the way all the world's libraries, bibliographies, and most of the world's stores sort. It's the way I'm used to thinking of where to find an artist. And anyway, I have too many artists with the first name John. That would get ridiculous.

Are your tags actually labelled as "Last Name, First Name" or are they "First Name Last Name" and you have MC sort them by last name?

I think JRemote goes off of the actual tags, not your sort order in MC.

JRemote can emulate views (i think), but probably not sort order (guessing).

Maybe try actually re-tagging an album artist as "Patton, Mike" and see how JRemote shows that.

If you really prefer this view, why not re-tag all artists this fashion?

-Patrick

My artist tags are First Name Last Name. But I sort by "Album Artist," which I have tagged as Last Name First Name. J.Remote appears only to pay attention to the name that appears, not the name by which it is sorted. This is, by the way, unlike in MC itself, where the A-Z bar lets you jump by the artist's sorted name.

This is the only way it makes sense. The A-Z bar is, after all, a tool for accessing sorted music. It should correspond to the sorted name.

And no, I don't want to retag the artist names. 1. I want the to display as First Name Last Name. And 2. I have over 80k songs and don't want to take the time to do that now.

I'm sure adjusting the A-Z bar to make it correspond to the sorting name would be a minor fix. Is it perhaps even possible without a software tweak?

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #498 on: October 20, 2013, 07:02:07 pm »

(I already posted this earlier, but in the MC 18 forum. That is probably the reason that I didn't see a reply)

I set up WebGizmo and also bought JRemote for my iPhone 4S and both work fine for playing music, from MC 18 on my pc,  on my iPhone.
But should it also be possible to play video that is not in MPEG-4 format with WebGizmo and/or JRemote ? I looked in the Media Network settings in MC 18 and saw several options for Video Conversion but not to MPEG-4. Am I missing something or is it not possible at all ? If not possible, will it maybe be so in future updates ?

Oh... and meanwhile I have another problem. When I try to play an album, when a track is finished often it doesn't go to the next track. I see "Audio Streaming Error". But when I push the "Next" button it does play. I am very close to my router and with other apps relying on wifi I don't have problems.
What can I do to solve this ?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #499 on: October 21, 2013, 06:10:33 pm »

Fred1, I am planning a dedicated car display for easier access to the most used controls, and swipe to change track.

+10000
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Up