INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switch between RO and ROHQ in theater view?  (Read 1237 times)

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
Switch between RO and ROHQ in theater view?
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:32:03 pm »

My htpc has been running ROHQ since day one, and rarely drops a frame.
Auto refresh rate switching, videoclock, all hunky-dory.

Recently though, some content, namely 1080p24 web-dl tv shows, have started to stutter badly.
It will play fine for a minute or two, and then start to go horribly wrong.
Often MadVR is reporting almost half the frames are being dropped or delayed.

I'm still trying to track down exactly why this is, and it will likely take a while, as I prefer to spend what little spare time I have watching/listening rather than trying to fix, but what I have noticed is that switching to RO gets around it.

Obviously I would like to use ROHQ wherever possible, but I was wondering if there was any shortcut I could set up that would allow me to switch to/from RO/ROHQ whilst in theater view and save me having to dig out the keyboard/mouse each time I find a dodgy source.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Switch between RO and ROHQ in theater view?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:37:57 pm »

I've had something similar recently with certain HDTV programs.

ROHQ will stutter terribly, and RO works fine.  It's only certain programs, so I'm guessing it's deinterlacing.

I have a GTX 680, so I don't think it's a GPU resource issue.

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it.

Anyone else seeing this?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:25:17 pm »

Same problem with SD SAT channels, through network streaming. I was using Custom mode though with madVR 0.86.1 (enjoying smooth motion). Using now ROHQ with the "native" madVR version and it's running ok for now.
Windows 10 Pro x64

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:09:44 pm »

@matt: feels good to know that I'm not alone :)

@audioriver: I'm not running any "custom" madvr installs, and I'm pretty sure I'm just using the out-of-the-box madvr settings too (although i have played with these in the past so cannot guarantee it), the issue just seems to apply to certain encodes.

it's definitely specific to certain files, and sounds very much like the ball is in madshi's court for a proper fix (like he hasn't got enough on his plate)

i did some very rudimentary checks too, and its not like the system is struggling from a resource perspective at the time, neither the cpu or gpu are under any significant load

what are the chances of getting a method for switching between video presets in theatre view until the problem is nailed and corrected in madvr?
Pages: [1]   Go Up