INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists won't sync  (Read 1035 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
Playlists won't sync
« on: March 13, 2013, 06:50:19 am »

I am having a problem getting my playlists to sync to my handheld. This sync was working fine until I wanted to add another 6 playlists. The total addition was going to take 6 hours so I left it on all night. When I returned in AM, it had only a minute left so I left on. It never completes. so I cancelled. I rechecked sync and re synced but it again hung up. I go to my device and there ar no playlists.

Please help with problem as I am leaving on a week long trip and need my tunes.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlists won't sync
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:47:48 am »

If you're in a hurry, you probably should give staff more info such as device type.
If the sync hung with 1 minute left, you'll probably want to create a log file to capture that and send it to logs at jriver dot com with a link to this forum thread.
Logging is under the help menu and there's a button that will package a zip file of the log and prepare as an email.

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 01:19:20 pm »

OK Thanks... I did just send in the +log file.

I have had this problem before. The device I am using is a Samsung SIII Galaxy w 64gb card.

I never got a response to my foirst post but see that others have had this problem. The "Get Around" we S111 users have been using is to create a "device" on the hard drive and sync to that file space. We then copy over the file to the SD card and things work just fine.

That is of course until I loaded up more playlists on my device. Funny thing is that I did get the entire sync to work with all the playlists showing. This was accomplished by NOT converting my files to MP3s. (All the files were already there in the sync file on HD.... just not the playlists). I resynced with no conversion and it completed fine. I just copied the playlist folder to my Samsung and it appears to be working. I would appreciate a fix for this as it is time consuming.

Thanks

Joe

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Re: Playlists won't sync
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 01:38:50 pm »

I am also having issues with my S3 with 64GB sandisk card on windows 8. 
It will sync fine a couple of times, then as smartlist contents change, it eventually gets out of whack.
MTP drivers could be partially at fault as it doesn't show up correctly in explorer 100% of the time.
Currently I have been removing SD card and putting in PC and sync to that with conversion from flac to mp3.
Staff has been busy on the Mac migration but hopefully will be able to review our logs soon.

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 10:24:16 am »

I, too, have problems syncing with my Galaxy Note 2 to the 64g SD card.

The sync not only takes an inordinate amount of time, only 15 of my desired playlists are brought over to the phone.
Thank you,

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up