INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRMC18 Not Working [solved]  (Read 1335 times)

RawNG

JRMC18 Not Working [solved]
« on: March 18, 2013, 01:14:53 pm »

Hello, so something weird happened to my MC.  It's telling me that its registered to another operating system, but I've only used to trial so far and was going to purchase it seeing how my trial was going to end in a day.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I'm getting no luck.  This is the only program with true shuffle for songs and I need that  :-X

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRMC18 Not Working
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 01:16:21 pm »

Did your trial expire?

RawNG

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:23:51 pm »

I would've after today, but I don't even get to the window that has the Purchase option on it

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »

If it says it was installed for a different OS, it means either the program or install is running in "compatibility mode".

Please disable any security software, compatibility modes, then download and install the latest build (over the top of your existing install).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RawNG

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 01:37:21 pm »

Wow, thanks for the quick responses guys.  I got it, it was a compatibility thing.  I followed this guide at first http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4161/disable-program-compatibility-assistant-in-windows-7-and-vista/ but it didn't work so I'm not sure if I should go back and undo those things I changed or if it doesn't matter.  I ended up right clicking and going to properties and found the right setting.  Sorry I'm not that great with computers yet :(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 01:43:35 pm »

Glad it's working.

It's best to disable all compatibility modes with JRiver Media Center.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RawNG

Re: JRMC18 Not Working [solved]
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 08:47:45 pm »

I guess what I did was turn it off completely for my system.  Is this something I want on or am I good to go?  Sorry this isn't a question relating to MC.  Thanks again for helping, really appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up