INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver gets stuck: music of different sample-rates not playing  (Read 1349 times)

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver gets stuck: music of different sample-rates not playing
« on: February 25, 2013, 03:30:36 pm »

has somebody experienced such a problem? How was it resolved?

Problem:
If I am playing just various files with different sample-rate, then JRiver and the audio-interface does not play. JRiver gets stuck and just noting is happening (does not play). The audio-interface is not changing sample rate.
If I then close JRiver, then Motu828mk3hybrid is just after the close of JRiver, changing the sample rate to the right value (to the rate the file I  tried to play was requesting).
Opening JRiver again plays then the file.
Playing the next file with a different sample-rate same behaviour.
This means I have to close and open JRiver for each file...not soooo good.
Now, somehow JRiver is preventing the change of the sample-rate of the audio-interface.
Solution:?

Workaround: Also not nice...
Setting the output sample-rate to a fixed value (44.1kHz or 96kHz) for whatever sample-rate the incoming file my be, works. The files which are not matching the sample-rate are re-sampled. Quality may suffer...

My Setup:
Sound path1:
Soundfile-JRiver-VST PlogueBidule-ASIODriver-Motu828mk3hybridaudiointerface
Sound path2:
Soundfile-JRiver-ASIODriver-Motu828mk3hybridaudiointerface

JRiver with and without Plogue-Bidule VST. Motu828mk3hybrid and RME Fireface UFX both on USB, ASIO drivers, channels=12.
DSPsettings: Samplerrate in=sample-rate out
Computer: Win7 64bit (Pro version)

However several issues could be resolved (some progress but not yet goal reached), these are:

1) JRiver hangs (apphang1b) playing files with different sample-rate and using VST
Problem was inside VST the VST plug-in which makes trouble with various sample rates
Solution: use other VST plug-in

2) JRiver: Driver load timeout with Motu828mk3hybrid, if RME Fireface UFX is connected to same computer via USB
Problem: Driver was not able to load from Motu
Solution: Use complete USB-port (other Hub) of the same motherboard, no more conflicts

3) JRiver: Hangs, playing various files of different sample-rate, JRiver needs to be closed by force.
Problem: Win7 grabs the audio-interface, although its not the default Windows device.
Solution: Disable in control-panel under "hardware and sound" , "change system sounds", "playback": set the audio-interfaces used for JRiver all to "disable"
Then Win7 relases the drivers

Peter

luckyaua

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver gets stuck: music of different sample-rates not playing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:28:57 am »

Hi...
i want to buy your same interface Motu 828 MKIII Hybrid for use it with jriver mc18....
the problem are confirmed?
I want to use auto change sample rate inside jriver and i want to use interface for music and movies so stereo and 5.1 setup directly connected to power amp.
Now i've a phonic 808U that do all ok but i want to change with motu for outputting quality upgrade.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:38:08 am »

pschelbert and I have been trying to work with Motu on their apparent ASIO driver issues, but we haven't gotten any response from engineering on their side yet.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

luckyaua

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:06:49 am »

ok...so i wait your news to buy this interface or another one!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up