INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buttons for rename,move & copy presets  (Read 1756 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Buttons for rename,move & copy presets
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:09:55 am »

Hi all,

Could you please consider having buttons for the presets we can save in the 'rename,move & copy' action window (maybe the top 5). There seems to be a lot of real estate and a 'current selection' indicator would also be useful. There is a lot of room between preset and OK buttons. Also between replace with and preset. If it is the top 5 then we need a way to sort the presets or choose which ones need to be displayed.

Ross

rossp

• MC Beta Team
Buttons for rename,move & copy presets
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:49:38 am »

bump

Re: Buttons for rename,move & copy presets
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 03:41:46 am »

This might be a nice addition. Right now I have an increasingly large expression to try and handle all my music file renaming.
It would be considerably simpler if I could just click a button for "Classical Music" and "General Music" rather than going through the preset list. (I need to clean that out)

Then again, I quite like being able to get things configured to the point that I only need a single expression to cover all music and video renaming (once I get each to where I want it, I plan on combining them) so that it's almost completely automated.

But that's an unreasonable thing to expect "normal" users to do.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 06:25:09 am »

This might be a nice addition.

bump +1

Then again, I quite like being able to get things configured to the point that I only need a single expression to cover all music and video renaming (once I get each to where I want it, I plan on combining them) so that it's almost completely automated.

consider sharing  ;D

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 09:12:31 am »

I agree this would be useful. Perhaps as useful would be a smarter preset. My primary usage of this dialog is to simply rename a file. It would be handy if the default preset was set on the fly to match the pathing of the file(s) being renamed.  To me the rename function has always seemed dim...could we smarten it up some?

FastKayak / Larry

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:14:59 am »

+100 on this. But I do not necessarily "need" actual buttons.

I have numerous destinations and specific locations that I use in the RMC area and it's always a pain to have to Browse and  manually "repoint" the utility every time I need to go to a different destination location.

What I would like to be be able to set all the parameters for a specific copy (specifically the destination!) and then save that entire collection of settings as a "preset" that can be selected somehow in one go...would be a great addition to a powerful tool.

VP

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 12:37:17 pm »

+100 on this. But I do not necessarily "need" actual buttons.

I have numerous destinations and specific locations that I use in the RMC area and it's always a pain to have to Browse and  manually "repoint" the utility every time I need to go to a different destination location.

What I would like to be be able to set all the parameters for a specific copy (specifically the destination!) and then save that entire collection of settings as a "preset" that can be selected somehow in one go...would be a great addition to a powerful tool.

VP
Unless I'm misunderstanding that, you can already use the preset option?

Vocalpoint

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 12:41:23 pm »

Unless I'm misunderstanding that, you can already use the preset option?

Whoa - I guess I had better open my eyes and take a closer look at my dialogs! WOW. I did not even notice this was there.....

Am I correct in assuming that entire big flyout menu full of presets - comes from clicking on that Preset button....

Seriously never even realized it was there....

Thanks!

VP

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 08:05:43 pm »

for those not with MC in front of them It shows this :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up