INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help please.Problem with 8.0  (Read 1266 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Help please.Problem with 8.0
« on: March 07, 2003, 06:00:51 am »

My computer (1.4 Ghz Atheon, 80 G Hard drive,Windows 98) has 2 cd-rom drives, E and F. After copying and riping a cd in E, I have trouble with the cd information being removed so I can copy and rip another. I frequently have to either reboot the computer or open and close the cd-rom tray several times before the previous cd title and track information is cleared off E (only). F drive clears the info as soon as it is opened. Suggestions to clear E please!! Since I'm downloading my cd library, i like to use both drives to get the info off the online library.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Help please.Problem with 8.0
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 06:32:57 am »

Does selecting the problem drive, right clicking, then selecting "Update from CD database" work?

10-27

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 07:00:36 am »

no. I do not get an update. The F drive will update,  but leaving the same title and track info on E. If I open and close the E tray 2 or 3 times, eventually the previous info will clear and an information update will proceed normally. And the E drive does this whether or notthere is a disk in F.

AJ

• Recent member
  • Music to my ears
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 02:20:58 am »

I've had the same problem actually, I found that the was a large delay when using two drives at the same time for updating the information, I think is just unavoidable, I ended up using nero to rip all my CD's it's much faster and worth spend some money if you have alot of CD's to copy.  I copied all of mine (500) relatively quickly using nero.  However I still use MJ when I buy new CD's.  Best of luck :-/

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2003, 04:40:35 am »

Thank you. I've learned to live with it. It always happens with E, never with F, and even when I'm not copying and ripping with both drives, E still requires a couple of openings and closings of the tray to  clear the information. Sorry to learn about nero now. I've just about finished copying and ripping my large cd collection. Now I've got about 18 feet of vinyl 33's to enter. A much slower process.
Pages: [1]   Go Up