INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many license I shall need?  (Read 815 times)

hc

How many license I shall need?
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:50:42 am »

Q1. I have a PC at study room which I want to install JRiver to maintain my media files stored in its USB attached external HDD e.g. tagging my photo file with keyword, description, country or giving rating to the photo file etc.  I also have a second PC at living room connected to wide screen TV. I also want to install JRiver to the second PC so that I can use JRiver Theatre View to display the media files from the PC external HDD in study room. Both PCs are in same local area network connected by a router via LAN cable.  In the living room, I want to use a wifi wireless Android tablet to control the JRiver Theatre View in the second PC. How many license I need to buy??

Q2. How long I can use the license without buying a new license again?

Q3. I read there is a limit to the number of re-install per PC per year but I don't expect I shall do re-install too often unless I need to upgrade to a newer JRiver version. will it count to one re-installation??

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How many license I shall need?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:01:47 am »

Q1. I have a PC at study room which I want to install JRiver to maintain my media files stored in its USB attached external HDD e.g. tagging my photo file with keyword, description, country or giving rating to the photo file etc.  I also have a second PC at living room connected to wide screen TV. I also want to install JRiver to the second PC so that I can use JRiver Theatre View to display the media files from the PC external HDD in study room. Both PCs are in same local area network connected by a router via LAN cable.  In the living room, I want to use a wifi wireless Android tablet to control the JRiver Theatre View in the second PC. How many license I need to buy??
You only need one license. Its good for all your PCs, within a reason. No problem for just two. :)

Q2. How long I can use the license without buying a new license again?
You can use it for all eternity, but its only valid for one major version of MC. If you buy it today, it'll be valid for MC18, and if MC19 comes out, you need a new one, but there is no time limit.
Upgrades to the next major MC version will be cheaper than a full new license, though.

Q3. I read there is a limit to the number of re-install per PC per year but I don't expect I shall do re-install too often unless I need to upgrade to a newer JRiver version. will it count to one re-installation??
Doing an upgrade to a new release of the same MC version does not count towards this, only fresh installs need the license again.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How many license I shall need?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 02:49:31 pm »

In addition to what Nev said, if you run out of restores within a year (10 I believe it is), you can post here and they can reset it for you so you restore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up