INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mjr file  (Read 3145 times)

pirogallo

• Junior Woodchuck
mjr file
« on: March 25, 2013, 02:41:00 am »

Can someone let me know how to use the .mjr license file?
Clicking on it doesnt work.
Thanks.

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: mjr file
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 04:00:05 am »

Hi,

mjr files are what JRiver calls "temporary Install key". Those files are valid for 14 days after they have been issued.
Normally, you install a mjr file by going to Help->Install License... where you have the option to enter the path to your mjr file. That's the behaviour on Windows.

But on Mac it appears to be a bit different for now.
When going to Help->Install License... you have only one option: enter your permanent registration code (the one JR gave you upon your purchase) see attached screenshot. When you do so, you activate MC Mac and issue a new mjr file that's emailed to you.
This 'mjr' file could normally be used to activate MC on another machine you own by either clicking on it or entering it somewhere in MC.
But, in fact None of those activation procedures (based on mjr file) seems to be working now. That's what I noticed on my 3 Macs.

It's probably a temporary (alpha) behaviour.

Cheers,

C.

Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

pirogallo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 04:45:19 am »

Thank you for the very kind answer.
The fact is that C crash on my system on loading tracks in library and, for testing purpose, I'm using the restore procedure (the only one available) and this is consuming the 10 available options.
I think it's better to stop doing the test and looking forward for a more stable version.
Thanks a lot.

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 08:45:14 am »

I'm using the restore procedure (the only one available) and this is consuming the 10 available options.

Well, since MC MAC is still in alpha stage, don't try restoring your license each time you re-install or relaunch MC after a crash.
I guess it's better to keep testing MC in trial mode while the dev folks at JR come up with a solution with mjr files.

If you ever exhaust your number of restores, just let the JR folks know, I'm pretty sure they will help you!

Have a good day,

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

pirogallo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 11:12:15 am »

Thanks again.
I discovered that after a crash if I delete the Library folder I can relaunch it without restore the license.
Pages: [1]   Go Up