INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo error connecting to server  (Read 2261 times)

tonse

• Recent member
Gizmo error connecting to server
« on: April 01, 2013, 01:32:46 pm »

Hi
Last week Gizmo on my wife's android suddenly stopped working. After that she couldn't make any connection anymore. So i tried gizmo on my Android: Also same error message: There was a problem connecting to the server. After that i tried the following
1 retrieve a new Server Access Key: Succeeded --> Gizmo and wr.jriver.com on local both not working (wr.jriver.com redirected to the proper internal ip)
2 I had an image of the Mediacenter Server. So i made a backup of the library and a total recovery. Repeated step 1. still same behaviour
3. Started Mediacenter on another PC in the house. repeated step 1 on that PC. Result was exact same behaviour.

So after all the only thing everything has in common is my router. I checked and double checked. Even enabled port-forwording. enabled uPnp.
strange thing is that everything else in the house is working properly. The NAS works fine. The mediacenter has both access to local shares and to the internet.
So does anyone have any idea where to look for the solution?

Neco

• World Citizen
Re: Gizmo error connecting to server
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:26:45 am »

To start with.   Verify  the port number you are using in  MC and make it sure is the same port as you forwarded in your router.   Also verify you are forwarding to the correct IP address.

After that look at Windows Firewall and/or any other software that might manage your firewall.   I use ESET Smart Security and some times it is a pain in the ass to get a proper filter setup and I still have to manually correct the windows firewall (which it manages).

Input your  servers LAN  IP address and port  instead of your media key.   example:  192.168.1.199:52199

If you can connect to your server through Gizmo by doing that,  then something is wrong with your router and/or firewall.
If you still can't connect, could be a local firewall or other media center configuration issue  

Also possible Gizmo may be messed up.  You could try deleting its local Cache  under Androids App Management, or even try uninstalling and reinstalling it, I suppose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up