INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing FLAC music files over HT via WDTV Live network  (Read 2047 times)

RedBuckye

Playing FLAC music files over HT via WDTV Live network
« on: January 15, 2013, 09:08:30 pm »

How do set up network to be able to play FLAC music files with JRiver media palyer over HT system via WDTV Live?

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing FLAC music files over HT via WDTV Live network
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:10:55 am »

The WDTV Live is a DLNA player and renderer, so you can either push music to it from JRiver using JRiver's interface or you can pull music from JRiver using the WDTV interface. Either way, you need to enable Media Network and set up the DLNA server in JRiver, with the correct browse menus and categories that you want. It's a bit out of date but should still be mostly relevant - have a look at http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA for setup information.  Once set up, the WDTV will appear as a zone in Playing Now in JRiver's interface, which you can select and play music to, and JRiver will appear as a media server in the WDTV's interface, which you can select and browse from.

bidders

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 03:03:59 am »

I have JRiver 17.0.189 I used to use Omnifi to stream my audio too my stereo. I bought a WDTV streamer to stream audio and visual to my TV but although Omnifi still shows in my TV display as my media server my player no longer has Omnifi and WDTV is not shown as a DLNA server. I've tried to follow the instructions in wiki..... index.php/DLNA but there is no mention of version 17 and all the instructions do not seem relevant. Could you please tell me which DLNA server I should use too make my WDTV steamer work.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 03:13:37 am »

You may need MC18.  I have a WDTV Live Streaming (V3) and it shows up under Playing Now just fine and I can both push content to it from MC or Gizmo as well as pull content via the WDTV RC.
JRiver CEO Elect

csimon

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 03:21:19 am »

I'm a bit confused at what you are trying to do. JRiver is a DLNA Server.  WDTV is a DLNA Player and/or Renderer, it's not a Server. So you need to:

1. Set up JRiver.  You must import your music files into JRiver and then in Tools/Optios/Media Network, turn on Media Network and set up the DLNA server.  The default settings will work for the WDTV.

2. Connect your WDTV to your TV and hi-fi.

3. Look in Playing Now in JRiver and the WDTV should appear as a zone.  Select it and play something to it.  Alternateively, you can use the WDTV to browse the server.

Are you stuck on any particular bit?

I don't know what Omnifi is and why it is still showing on your TV.  Is it installed on your TV as an app?
Pages: [1]   Go Up