INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No folders show up when browsing by files [solved in 18.0.162]  (Read 2402 times)

s4s4s4

• Recent member

This is really bugging me, I keep downloading each new version, I am at 156 now, and it still doesn't work, grrrrr.

I prefer to browse music based on the folders I have the music organized in. This works perfectly with MC18 for pc.

When I click the arrow beside files, the arrow just disappears and nothing happens. HELP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No folders show up when browsing by files
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:59:57 am »

Welcome.

I can reproduce this, and we'll try to get it fixed in a coming build.

The program is in alpha, so your patience is appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 01:59:55 pm »

This issue should be sorted next build.

s4s4s4

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 03:12:19 pm »

Good news, thanks. I was surprised I did not read about others with the same problem.

s4s4s4

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 06:44:07 pm »

161 didn't fix the problem. it started to work and then hit a dead end before reaching the final folders

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No folders show up when browsing by files (161 did not work)
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 01:57:51 pm »

I can't reproduce a problem.

What's the full filename in the MC library of a file that isn't showing like you expect?

Could you post a screenshot?

Thanks.

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 03:24:22 pm »

Folders definitely do not show below 2nd level.

My files are at Volume/Share/Music

Clicking on ‘Files’ expands to show ‘Volume’ clicking this expands to show ‘Share’ clicking this just removes the down arrow. All files are showing in one long list in the main window.

Sorry, I would post a screenshot if I could work out how to take one – the Mac is new to me and seems totally counter intuitive to a long term Window user, only being considered to run MC.

Peter

amp1

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 06:07:34 pm »

Sorry, I would post a screenshot if I could work out how to take one – the Mac is new to me and seems totally counter intuitive to a long term Window user, only being considered to run MC.
Use the Help menu in the Finder (that's the application with the Macintosh happy face at left or top of Dock) to search for "screenshot" without the quotes -- that will tell you the keystrokes to take various kinds of screenshots. Screenshots will be saved to files on your desktop.  You can also use the Grab application to capture screenshots, window snapshots, or snapshots of any rectangular part of the screen.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 06:34:24 pm »

Use the Help menu in the Finder (that's the application with the Macintosh happy face at left or top of Dock) to search for "screenshot" without the quotes -- that will tell you the keystrokes to take various kinds of screenshots. Screenshots will be saved to files on your desktop.  You can also use the Grab application to capture screenshots, window snapshots, or snapshots of any rectangular part of the screen.

Command - Shift - 4 does this without having to open any application first.

Screenshots on the Mac are super-simple.

Command - Shift - 4 = lets you choose an area on screen (drag the crosshairs), when you let go of the mouse, it'll save that rectangle as a PNG on your Desktop.*
Command - Shift - 3 = save the entire screen to a PNG on your Desktop.

PS.  In fact, now that I'm used to it on my Macs, it drove me nuts to do screenshots the Windows way anymore.  But I found this awesome little application called LightScreen (open source on SourceForge) that makes Windows work exactly like Macs (and you can customize the keyboard shortcuts and whatnot too, of course).  I use it to exactly replicate this behavior on my Windows boxes though.

* = Another tip is that this keyboard shortcut also works for capturing an entire window.  Do the Command - Shift - 4.  Then, when you get the little crosshairs, hit the spacebar.  Now, instead of dragging a rectangle, you can point at any visible window and click it to save a screenshot of just that window.  Those are basically the three main methods you need to use.  If you ever forget, do what amp1 suggested and lookup screenshot in the help menu.  There's a "shortcuts for taking pictures of the screen" help entry in there.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 08:56:24 am »

amp1 & glynor

Thanks chaps for taking the time to post that useful information, I am finding the Mac a bit of a culture shock. Only really considering a Mac Mini to run MC as it is said to have a good optical out option, I am far to old to learn a complete new way of doing things. I will try out your information.

Thanks, much appreciated.
Peter

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 09:00:50 am »

With regards to the original issue, make sure you try build 162.  It fixes a problem with path browsing in the tree.

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 11:35:05 am »

Done – and it has fixed the issue. Thanks for your help.

s4s4s4

• Recent member
Re: No folders show up when browsing by files [solved in 18.0.162]
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 06:44:15 pm »

Yipee....:-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up