INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing Coverart On Server Does Not Change On Client  (Read 666 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Replacing Coverart On Server Does Not Change On Client
« on: April 02, 2013, 03:56:22 am »

Hi, this is only a small problem but it is one that is annoying me because I cannot find an answer.

I wanted to change the series coverart on one of my TVShows so I downloaded the new coverart and saved it to the 'Cover Art --> Series' folder replacing the original image.

The image now displayed on the server for this TVShow is the new one as expected but I cannot figure out how to get the clients to display the new image as they are still showing the old one. I have tried shutting down MC on the client and restarting it but still the old image is displayed.

What do I need to do on the clients to get them to reflect this change. I thought that, as a last resort, restarting MC would do the trick as it would reload the library from the server but it would appear not.

Has anyone got any ideas.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Replacing Coverart On Server Does Not Change On Client
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:14:07 am »

Has anybody got any ideas on this. I have tried 'Rebuild Thumbnails' on both the server and the client but still the old image is shown on the clients even though the new image is shown on the server.

How do I get the clients to show the same coverart as the server. I could probably just delete this particular show from the library and then re-import it but surely there must be some way of updating the client display to reflect a coverart change on the server without resorting to this.

I've changed coverart on Movies before and the clients have always updated albeit after a while but this is the first time I've changed a TVShow coverart. Are these images treated differently than the movie ones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up