INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library view for 'Audio'  (Read 1039 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Library view for 'Audio'
« on: April 07, 2013, 11:44:10 am »

For my HTPC Windows MC installation, I like the default view for the root of 'Audio'.  It gives me immediate and the easiest access to all of my audio library.  However, for some reason, I have problems obaining this particular 4 column view in other Windows installations, as well as my Mac install.  In fact, the Mac install will not allow me to click 'Audio' for any kind of overall view -- it immedately jumps to 'Genre'.  The Windows installs shall remain a mystery, however for the Mac, I wonder if it is a feaure not yet implemented or if I'm missing something(?)

TIA  :)

cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Library view for 'Audio'
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:44:19 pm »

When the View (in this case, the parent Audio view) is configured to not allow Tree Selection, the selection will jump to the last selected sub-view that can be selected.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

shAf

Re: Library view for 'Audio'
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 09:58:15 am »

When the View (in this case, the parent Audio view) is configured to not allow Tree Selection, the selection will jump to the last selected sub-view that can be selected.
Thanks MrC!  My first effort was to right-click the parent 'Audio' for trying to find something akin to "Tree Selection".  I did not, but having done so, the next thing I see is now parent 'Audio' is selectable, but it begins with an upper part and a lower part.  The lower part is simply listing all my tracks aphabetically, the  upper part is empty, but with a message in it title bar indicating "Click here to add catagories ...".  I added the catagories I wanted, and now it look like the attached.  It does show a column on the right not visible in the Windows version, and the column widths cannot be adjusted ...

I'm happier  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up