INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noobie finding Views and Tags difficult to control - help pls  (Read 1110 times)

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit

Hello Folks, I'm new here.
MusicBringer like to listen to Music - not watch it ;)
I have spent the past few days reading up on JRMC18fW.
Certain areas are causing me a headache.

The two main difficulties are Views, and Tags.

Views I am slowly getting to grips with - although I wish I could override the default view.

It seems to pop up everywhere and not only contains many columns I do not require, but also does not suit my column order preference. I know how to change the view I am using but it doesn't hold for the next time I open any view.

Tags is the other problem area. I can see that Right click >Tags brings up the Tag fields on the Left.
Once again there are many fields I do not require and I find it tiresome to have to keep scrolling up and down over a hundred rows for the few Tags I wish to edit.

Any ideas please.
Thanks,
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Noobie finding Views and Tags difficult to control - help pls
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 10:47:42 am »

Welcome

It pretty much works like the explorer column system. Right click on the column header and select which ones you want to see and which not. click and drag to change column order.
For the tags you can click on the button left of the tag banner and also there you can select which tags you want to see in the window.

For theaterview (ctrl+4, which might be your next question as you discover MC) the order is defined under tools>options>theaterview

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 01:50:47 pm »

For the tags you can click on the button left of the tag banner and also there you can select which tags you want to see in the window.

That's a good tip, thanks eddyshere.

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 10:46:51 am »

Certain areas are causing me a headache.

I wish I could override the default view...or do you call it scheme here.

Any ideas please.
Thanks,

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 12:25:40 am »

The two main difficulties are Views, and Tags.

Views I am slowly getting to grips with - although I wish I could override the default view.

It seems to pop up everywhere and not only contains many columns I do not require, but also does not suit my column order preference. I know how to change the view I am using but it doesn't hold for the next time I open any view.

You can specify that MC start in the last location (view) you were using.
(Tools/Options/Startup/Startup interface - Location:Last Location)

After you manually import files, MC switches to the Recently imported playlist view.

After you rip a CD, MC may switch to the Recently Ripped playlist view depending on an option setting.
(Tools/Options/CD, DVD & BD/Rip Complete options - show recently ripped playlist.)

Tags is the other problem area. I can see that Right click >Tags brings up the Tag fields on the Left.
Once again there are many fields I do not require and I find it tiresome to have to keep scrolling up and down over a hundred rows for the few Tags I wish to edit.

To add to what eddyshare suggested, one of the settings for fields shown in the tag window is "Show tags in current view". With this setting, the columns shown in the file list determine the tags shown in the tag window. The tags will be listed in the tag window in the order of the columns in the file list.  You can  can tune the file list to make tag editing quick and efficient in the views you commonly use for tag editing.

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 02:58:18 am »

@Listener, thanks for your input, most helpful  8)
Funny thing is I have just found out those tips for myself. Good 'ere innit :D
Thanks again,
Pages: [1]   Go Up