INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC crashing after wake up due to I think sound problems (solved)  (Read 990 times)

martinh32

• Recent member

MC runs fine, plays everything and streams multichannel out to my amp no problem. However when the PC goes to sleep and wakes back up the first video file I play always plays back in stereo. If I stop the playback and start again it attempts to play in multichannel and then MC closes with a crash.
I'm using a G630 Celeron on a H677 Gigabyte motherboard if that helps. Play back otherwise is absolutely fine! If I look under sound settings in Windows it lists all the formats I'm trying to play including the uncompressed HD formats.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC crashing after wake up due to I think sound problems
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:51:48 am »

Are you playing back through desktop speakers, connected to AVR, or something else?
What are you settings in MC Audio Output (Direct Sound, WASAPI-Event Style, etc.)?

martinh32

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:58:10 am »

It's through an Onkyo AVR and I'm using WASAPI event and bitstreaming off as these options seemed to be the only ones that consistently worked. In Windows I've set up exclusive mode.

martinh32

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:51:39 am »

Sorted - found a setting in Windows I'd not set :)

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 10:37:11 am »

Sorted - found a setting in Windows I'd not set :)
In case anyone else experiences this in future, what was the setting that fixed it?

martinh32

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 11:05:06 am »

for some obscure reason the soundcard settings reverted back to two channel even though HDMI was set. It was just a case of reconfiguring to 7.1 in the sound card settings
Pages: [1]   Go Up